Large JBL horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
JBL 2360A I believe. They turn up on eBay quite often.

se

Yep, that's the one, big, expensive, expensive to ship.

But the Buttcheek horns are well-regarded. I've only heard a small version and not in a very precise demo, so it was a hard call as to how much the horn was doing. Sounded smooth though.

I've bid on a few 2360s but never got 'em for the 'experimenter's special' price.

Yes, that is the 2360. The horn requires an additional metal piece between the horn and the driver. I forget what it is called, but do not buy the horn without that adapter. The throat would be a 2 inch and can be used with a JBL 2445, 2446 or 2450 etc.

This is a JBL bi-radial and it is a CD horn that will control & load down to about 500Hz.

Big note of caution: in order to make it a CD horn there is a diffraction slot. One consequence is that unless you cross it over above about 700Hz or so (and cross it steeply), you will get a very noticeable degree of distortion. This due to forcing a huge amount of air through the relatively small slot.

There are other choices that you might want to listen to also.

Not 2" but 1.4" EV HR9040A "white whales" 400Hz easy.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    539.8 KB · Views: 510
back to basics

These recommendations are all over the place.

Our recommendaions would be more useful if you could provide a few constraints.
1. Is a horn with CD dispersion desired?
2. Is this intended for a three-way or a two-way system?
3. Is the 400 Hz crossover a necessity or could you cross higher?
4. Are you willing to set up a crossover with filters steeper than first or second order?

Let me warn you that crossing lower and attempting a two-way will severely constrain your choices.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.