Balanced/unbalanced line receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Andrew, the resistors in the diagram (2M?) do go to signal ground. Which in itself raises a question. At the moment (based on other research) my signal grounds are connected to my chassis and supply grounds. I do intend to fit a ground lift switch which would isolate the signal ground from the chassis and supply grounds, but have not tested this yet.

In term of the resistors being in parallel with something. Are they not in parallel with the input opamp's Rin? I assumed this to be very high so concluded that the source would effectively see the 2M?

I understand that the guitar is not a balanced signal, my original spec was for a multi purpose input tat could accept an unbalanced guitar OR a balanced input (accepting that because it needs to be Hi-Z there might be a noise penalty) does that make sense do you think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.