Allen Wright, 1947-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time i feel totally lost for words around here.

A mere couple of months have passed since Allen had a pleasant parler with me, followed up shortly by a Vacuum State mail delivery that put me in the smiling mood for weeks on end.

Extraordinary persons of high intelligence, topped with a refined sense of humor, are so very rare.
It is saddening to hear of the departure of one of the names in audio, with which one has become so familiar, on this ocassion truly shattering.

Now that is sad news.

I still remember the pain my mother was in when she had that disease and the scar it left. I feel very sorry for mr Wright.

I'll remember him for his excellent designs, books and the help he gave in building his designs. A guru i'll miss.

Joris

Last edited:
Having never met, talked with or corresponded with Allen I am none the less saddened to hear this news. His White Papers and information on VacuumState were intriguing and thought provoking.

It is sad to see such a bright light extinguished.

Condolences to his family and friends, and may God bless and keep you in this time of loss.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I am sorry to read about Allen; may he rest in peace.
For many years already, the FVP5a and PP-2C have been performing outstandingly in my system. Now slowly progressing with the RTP3c.
I remember the patience with which Allen professionally replied on my questions. He always insisted upon a sonic report after a modification.
I had the opportunity to thank him personally on one of the Dutch ETF-meetings.

I have had a strong interest in Allen's work since I first started reading these forums and bought his Tube Preamp Cookbook. The combination of the uniformly rave reviews of his gear, and my gut feeling that his way of doing things made real sense, inspired me to embark on a rash project to build an RTP3 preamp from the ground up. Although I didn't fork out any money for a VSE building manual he couldn't have been more helpful to me. Three years on, my RTP3 is still making sweet music, and means even more to me now Allen is gone.

I always thought I would get to meet Allen sometime and have a long chat about life, music and circuits, but that will never happen now.

RIP Allen!

Alex

I remember, made the trip to Schaffhouse Switzerland to meet Allen, a little more than a year from now. We listened carrefully to his SVP-2 and talked about vinyl. I left him and build my SVP-2 with his help fortunately!

Kind and human relation... I'll miss you Allen!

Gémissons mais espérons

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.