Allen Wright, 1947-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Munich DIY folks miss Allen Wright, who for nearly a decade was part of Munich DIY community. I enjoyed the hours we shared listening to preamp stuff, discussing music over a beer, and having some good time. He had a fine character and was as helpful as can be. He also was a great contributor to the first European Triode Festivals.

Hartmut

Sorry to read this. I only "knew" him via email but always found him willing to help and guide. I remember several years ago after emailing him that I had built his FVP4 after buying his cables and preamps book and how wonderful it was how tickled he seemed and quickly suggested I now try the FVP5 and then write him about it which I also built and of course wrote him about. He then made further suggestions to improve the FVP5.
Rest In Peace Allen.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Holy @#%! Really????

I've spent a lot of time with Allen over the past 6 or 7 years. A real gentleman, loved sharing ideas and music. I'm... shattered.

While I never met him in person I've had many worthwhile conversations with him both by email and on the forums over a good many more years than I would like to admit.

Alan was generous with his time and funny to a fault in his correspondence.
Exchanged more than a few yarns about the business..

I'm just stunned.. I'll miss him.

I am still working on one of his designs as my first tube amp project... Got some important questions answered by him per email, quickly and friendly, although he probably had much more important things to do... This was only a few months ago...

Strange feeling to read now that he has passed away so suddenly.

I wish his family and his friends all the strength and comfort they may need now.

Andreas

Status
Not open for further replies.