ESP HPA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I searched for a better virtual ground circuit and came across this circuit below from tangent site.

sijosae.png

Does this provide lower impedance supply than the simple voltage divider circuit ? I am building it with BC337 and BC327 for the transistors. I chose this circuit coz I have parts to build it. The rest of the circuits need parts which I need to order and wait.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Why don’t you just make a dual rail supply? It’s not that hard. Get a 7815 and 7915 regulator. Use two 19v smps from your laptop graveyard. Tie them in series, add the dual regulators (with heatsinks to drop 4v). Add 0.1uF film bypass cap and 47uF cap on output. Done.

If you have a $10 dual secondary 10VA 15v trafo, it is even easier.

Of one of these for $3 then clean up with CLC filter to squash 120kHz.

Positive&Negative Dual Output DC-DC Step-up Boost Converter +-5V +-9V +-12V +-24V | eBay

Last edited:
I tried two 12V wall warts but 1 of the wall wart was noisy. So i ditched this idea.

Built the virtual ground circuit in post 141. It works. Tested several songs. It is really hard to tell the difference on most mainstream songs. But came across this YouTube Has deep continuous bass. The discrete virtual circuit made the bass in this song more defined and stronger. So I think this circuit improved it abit. But on most songs I could not tell the difference.

Why don’t you just make a dual rail supply? It’s not that hard. Get a 7815 and 7915 regulator. Use two 19v smps from your laptop graveyard. Tie them in series, add the dual regulators (with heatsinks to drop 4v). Add 0.1uF film bypass cap and 47uF cap on output. Done.

If you have a $10 dual secondary 10VA 15v trafo, it is even easier.

Of one of these for $3 then clean up with CLC filter to squash 120kHz.

Positive&Negative Dual Output DC-DC Step-up Boost Converter +-5V +-9V +-12V +-24V | eBay

That is a nice device. But low current output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.