Has anybody made an ELS headphone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Wachara,

Hi Jesper,

If you can, you should really try to work with a CNC machine. There are just unlimited things you can make using it.

... yes, I have no doubt whatsoever that working with a CNC machine could be very interesting and also lead to many solutions on the I'm working on. I just don't have the time nor the mental space to learn it. My "top floor" is already close to full :p

The sound stage is huge. However, the bass doesn't go as low as the ones with sealed earpads. But it's not that bad at all. Many of my friends who have tried them actually prefered them to my other headphones.

It's very interesting with the soundstage ... Have you observed any differences with respect to natural dynamics (also very subtle dynamics) and the timbre of the instruments? My guess would be that since the membrane moves even less than the other HP they may have superb dynamics - large & small scale ...

Best wishes,

Jesper

Hi Wachara,

It's very interesting with the soundstage ... Have you observed any differences with respect to natural dynamics (also very subtle dynamics) and the timbre of the instruments? My guess would be that since the membrane moves even less than the other HP they may have superb dynamics - large & small scale ...

Dynamic is very good. The size of the drivers are very big, and that helps a lot with the sound stage and dynamics.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi again Wachara ...

I've taken one more look at some of our headphones and have noticed the leather "cushions" or "pads" you use to suspend the headphones from the head. The workmanship looks quite fine and professional to me ;)

Can I ask you if it is something you do yourself or if you have them made somewhere? Also, if there is a reason why you use leather instead of other materials?

BTW ... now the headphone is next in line amongst the projects ... I really do look forward to quality listening :)

Greetings,

Jesper

Hi Jasper,

The earpads and the cushion are all hand made by my local friend. I can never make them as I have no idea how to sew. :)

The leather just feels so much better than cloth. That's why I choose to use the real sheep skin.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your headphones. :)

Wachara C.

Hi Wachara,
Sorry for my english , I use translator.
Read and watched all your forum thread with great interest ! Respect !!!
I am inspired by your work !
I just want to make for yourself on your headphones designs from post #426 with the wooden parts. They are just gorgeous !
I have CNC machine , but I am a beginner programmer in the program ArtCam .
Could you share your project files for CNC machine ?
I'm afraid that I will not turn out so cool to write a program .
And if you allow me, during my project , you get advice and answers to questions.
I hope for a positive response.

Sincerely yours !
Roman

Hi Wachara!
Thank you for your quick response and willingness to share their projects.
I loved your headphones with the wooden parts of your post number #426. Where you use wood for the structure. I think that the elements of the wood make an additional contribution to the energy sound.
Regards!
Roman

Hello Chinsettawong,thank for reply.
Great website ,congratulations and thanks a lot.
For the moment i have recovered materials such phenolic,foam and wood.
I ordered 2um Mylar and pièces of 0,8mm glass fiber with a single layer of copper(for printed circuits)
I have Licron in spray can,nylon and brass screws.
I can use machines too.
I early started to build stators with perforated steel sheet:Thickness is 1,5mm,holes are 5,3mmx5,3mm squares,step between each hole is 8mm.I didn't find anything else.
Size of each stator is 115mmx90mm.
The area for the diaphragm will be 94mmx70mm.
Any review please?
For the moment i learn to draw with computer.
Later i project to build the amplfier, i have several russian tubes such 6n2p-ev and 6p6s,but my electronic knowledges are weak.
Regards.

Hello, i'm now learning about pp amplifiers.
I want to build my own full tube headphones amplifier.
Due to an order error i have some 6p7s tubes.
These tube can handle a big anode voltage:
500v max.
So i wonder if is it possible to use them In push-pull configuration with a single 6n7 tube ?(the 6H7C exactly)
1st triode as amplifier at entrance then cathodyne phase splitter for the 2nd triode?
Not so much power is needed for an headphone amplifier,10w or a few less should be enought,isn't it ?
I saw one unit who works with el34...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.