• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

All Cee's PSU for Class AB Amp

Joined 2022
Paid Member
Hi Forum members,
Beginners questions for anyone who has the time. I'm currently stuffing my All Cees boards for use with the FH9HVX amp. I will be going dual mono with 2 antek AS-2238 trafos producing 38v, and 2 All Cees boards. My question has to do with the optional resistors that make the board a CRC vs. an All Cees. I know I COULD include them. What I don't know is if I SHOULD include them. Any disadvantage to just using jumpers and going All Cees? I know including the resistors reduces ripple, but I don't know how important that might be in this application. Wondering what other FH9 builders have been doing? Thank you in advance.
Dave M.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Since FH9HVX is a Class AB amp that has good PSRR, you don’t need the R in there to reduce ripple of the PSU. Use a jumper to make it all C’s to get the largest cap reservoir as possible to provide the reserves for dynamic bass transients. It will improve the bass slam and kick this way. When soldering the jumper, be sure to use the smaller pad that is connected to the caps. There is a larger intermediate pad (arrows point to) that is there for connecting a resistor but that needs a jumper to adjacent pad. Connect the jumper for all Cee’s operation as shown.
1673105687823.jpeg

Joined 2022
Paid Member
Hi Team,
I'm happy to report that it would appear I have two functioning power supplies for my FH9HVX. Testing has been slow as I work on making flying leads for my MOSFET's, etc. I will be testing the amp boards next and will keep everyone posted. Respectfully, Dave M.

Attachments

• 20230205_051110.jpg
    20230205_051110.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230205_051115.jpg
    20230205_051115.jpg
    683.8 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: 1 user