• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

YARRA Preamplifier Custom Case at Modushop

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Slip the nuts into the T rails for the lid (2 per side). Use a pointy implement to slide the nuts until they line up with the holes on the lid. Place the lid on and use pointy device (a toothpick works) to center the nut in the hole through the hole. Now install the screws. I know, it’s not the easiest thing. Maybe a dab of silicone or other non permanent cement to hold nut to location in rail would be good.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
There has been some interest in getting a GB2 going for the custom Yarra chassis. Gianluca has indicated that we can address all of the little mechanical issues that we had with GB1.

Let’s get a list going again. We simply get an interest list and then handle this the same way through preorders on the Modushop website.

I think Otto88 and Karucho both expressed interest so far - hope you don’t mind me adding your names below to kick this off. Feel free to edit this list as appropriate. Depending on the quantity, it can go down from cost of 260€ for 1 to much less 100€ plus shipping - as was seen on GB1.

Yarra Chassis GB2 Interest List:

Name Country Units
Otto88 AUS 1?
Karucho ITA 1?

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Good idea about headphone jack, yes let’s add it. Sorry about the link, here is the link again:

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto88 View Post
Hello Gianluca,

Thanks for chiming in …
Anytime

Quote:

Naturally … As a very close/ starting point, ex VAT but before shipping, what would it be for one, exactly as it was?

Price would be around 260 EUR considering no modifications required

Quote:

I’ve only twice been involved in changing aspects of a CAD design, but “here’s hoping”. I hope this doesn’t sound niggly. (I’m a sometime designer of other bigger things)

No problem at all, there is always room for improvement and who's better than the final user to give some suggestions!

Quote:
Some pots fitted/ without too much hassle, but to widen the options/ not have to be concerned, that sounds sensible. I don’t know much material was left in the original countersinking for the volume pot knob … could you suggest a deeper depth of countersinking?

Consider it done, we can change the countersinking to any depth you may need.

Quote:
You’ve probably now seen my post about a hole in the faceplate for a display. I don’t yet know its exact dimensions, but approximately how much extra would that be?

Would that be a through hole or one with a recess? If it has to be done from the front part of the panel pricing would be the same, otherwise you would need to add 20 EUR

Quote:
The back plate
- one said the rear I/O board “will also need some center support to avoid flexing”. … only one in 27, so not a * problem, but for such a first class amp - imo solid = good, especially if/ when swapping any * tight fitting leads -
what was the depth & material of the back cover?

Yes, we are well aware of this problems as it is concerns other chassis as well. What we usually do is add a "L-shaped" bracket between the edge of the rear panel and of the bottom cover which makes the cover less likely to blend. You can find a picture attached. This would just add a couple of EUR to the final price.

Quote:

If the vertical gaps between the pairs of inputs and outputs, currently ? 5 ? mm were to be say 3 mm more; and the spaces between the four inputs were closer to the spaces between the outputs …
If that then encroached on the surrounding labels/ so the labels then would look not quite right, if it were a hassle to stretch the labels, I would fine with leaving those labels on the right hand size .. off.

That can be easily changed too
Attached Thumbnails
The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy-img_20210715_105620-jpg

since the GB was suggested ~ a month ago, five are interested …
incorporating those two or three suggestions I made earlier based on feedback from the people who’ve built it -i’m wondering if the consensus is they are worth doing, what the price would be, for five?

Encouraging to see that interest is progressing :)

We are not going to get to the size last GB of cases, which I think was for 27 …

For Modushop, there would be set-up time; and materials and time “per piece“

It seems a good idea to inquire - what are the price breaks. Eg what would it be for 10 cases