• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy (?) for fully assembled & tested "Norwood" boards in M2x Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Norwood is a small SMD board with a grand total of only 17 components, its visuals are unexciting. A flat rectangle with a few bumps here and there. Post #1 of the M2x thread had a picture; and what you see is dull. Dull and boring.

IMG_1856.jpg

Admittedly, I did perpetrate one little stunt on this particular customized run of boards, clearly visible to the naked eye, which the buyers are entitled to enjoy and the non-buyers are entitled to not enjoy. But hey, everyone who didn't pay the sixty dollars, didn't buy the experience that comes along with the boards. Seems fair.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
The "secret" is out, you can see it pretty plainly on the photo.

Hope you love the sound of Norwood. I sure do. Please consider posting listening impressions to the M2x general thread as a whole. Folks who didn't pay attention to this Group Buy, are probably still interested in listener feedback about: how do the Norwood boards sound.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
As the parcels continue to arrive at everyone's receiving dock, buyers might begin to notice that some Norwood boards have resistors R1,R2 which are marked "272", while other Norwood boards have R1,R2 marked "2701".

If you study the pixels really closely, you'll see that the photo in #68 shows "2701" markings on R1 and R2, to name an example.

This is nothing to worry about; it's just two different resistor vendors who are each trying to convey the same message: the resistance of this part is 2700 ohms.

• Vendor A's mark says "272", meaning "2 followed by 7 followed by 2 zeroes, thus: 2700"

• Vendor B's mark says "2701", meaning "2 followed by 7 followed by 0 followed by 1 zero, thus: 2700"

Whether you call it poe-TAY-toe or puh-TAAH-toe it's still the same thing.

Norwood schematic attached, making it easier for circuit theorists to pontificate about the invisible subtleties and exquisite complexities of R1 and R2.

_

Attachments

• Yep_thats_Norwood_all_right.png
    Yep_thats_Norwood_all_right.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 70
Norwood schematic attached, making it easier for circuit theorists to pontificate about the invisible subtleties and exquisite complexities of R1 and R2.

_

I'll have to get to you later on that one.
Still weighing the relative merits of rhodium plated vs silver attachment fastening hardware.

Not a single drool for Yvonne?
Even her name is gorgeous.

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Use the U-shaped jumpers' plated thru holes on the main amp board (yellow), to solder an insulated flexible wire for each of the four daughter card I/O signals (bolts).

On the other end of the wire, solder a ring terminal as illustrated in the attachment.

When mounting the daughter card, slide the four ring terminals over the four bolts. (You can make your own decision whether to slide them before, or after, the PCB. Me? after!). Add whichever combination of star washers, lock washers, bolts, and Loctite adhesive that your theology requires. Done.

Now you've got a second, independent current path to get signals and power supplies solidly connected between mother board and daughter board. No longer are you dependent upon the bolts for connectivity. Feel free to use oxygen free copper wires if that's your thing.

Attachments

• uioplkj.jpg
    uioplkj.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 154
  • ring_terminal.jpg
    ring_terminal.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 162
Joined 2011
Paid Member
USPS Package Tracking says a lot of y'all boahs got ye some Norwoods today. Includin' folks in Bald Knob, Harrison, Piggott, and Carlisle, Arkansas. Check your mailbox!

BTW for those readers intimately familiar with the, uh, delightful idiosyncrasies occasionally found in Arkansas ... my wife and I posed for one of our wedding photos, in front of the Bank Of England (Arkansas). It's a double-wide trailer and it's one of our most cherished memories. That and Toad Suck of course. Ain't nobody more revered in our household, than the Army Corps Of Engineers, Arkansas battalion.

A pair of Norwood's did appear in my mailbox yesterday and they seem none the worse for the trip.

Yeah, Arkansas can be quirky. I consider that to be an endearing quality.
My people are from Tontitown.

Here's a test question from a member of the COE Arkansas Battalion, Jeopardy style.
"They call it the mosquito dose."
Somebody that knows about Toad Suck Ferry just might get that one.

No idea. Typed from the La Quinta Inn at I-430 and Wilbur Mills (I-630). Raining here like a cow urinating upon a flat rock.

That cow made her way by here yesterday as well.

From the days before we used pesticides to reduce the numbers of irritating insects.
Answer: The shot of whisky that made you drunk enough to forget the mosquitoes.
AKA the mosquito dose, good for what's bugging you. :tilt:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.