• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Folsom LOFI PCB's (Transformer board) & DC PCB's (PSU boards)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you can't wait for replacement, then here is the orientation you can use.

dsc2screwuprepair.png

Received my boards today. Thank you.

Have a look at the cap orientation on my DCS2 boards.

Mine appear to be different from the above orientation.

If I need to re-orientate caps a simple drawing posted will be fine.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 280
Please forgive the NooB questions. Am I correct that I would need 1 LOFI board and either DCS1 OR DCS2 (separately purchase all the components, resistors, diodes, transformers etc...) to complete 1 mono amp?

Yes, but I have no idea what amp so I can't say if it's big enough (the transformer is only 48va).

What’s the significance of “Folsom” in the title?

Company name. It's also my middle name.

Perhaps a fan of Johnny Cash

Neither of us own any music by him, actually. And neither of us have been to prison.

Hi, just trying to get a good feel for the best direction to take in order to get the best possible components built for my first diy attempt building 7293 mono blocks.

Do the LOFI/DSC replace the dualpole PSU for use with the 7293?

If so, what improvements can be expected?

Thanks,

Jody

Hi, just trying to get a good feel for the best direction to take in order to get the best possible components built for my first diy attempt building 7293 mono blocks.

Do the LOFI/DSC replace the dualpole PSU for use with the 7293?

If so, what improvements can be expected?

Thanks,

Jody

No, the DSC and LOFI boards are only for smaller power items such as DAC's and phono stages.

Sorry for the very late reply but I didn't get an email notification for whatever reason.

While waiting for the amp boards to arrive and hence the order to Mouser, etc could I possibly use a Schaffner RN152-8-02 common mode choke on the power supply filter boards that arrived today (thank you very much) instead of the recommended Coilcraft P3717 - the pins will need to be extended etc but as I have a couple here, wondered if they'd do the same/similar job?

Another couple sitting here too are the Epcos B82725-2103 - altho the pinsare nowhere near the pcb holes, they could be extended to fit if they're suitable here - perhaps the other components would need to change?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.