• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fan/Temp Control Board! (Limited Time Offer)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
THIS GROUP BUY HAS BEEN CANCELLED due to lack of interest.

Looking ahead at another Xmass season, hohohoo :hohoho: I wanted to check for interest in this unique board.

first some background: To make things clear, I absolutely HATE this board!!! A few years back I discovered the quiet Noctua fans and found heatsinks which fit their size perfectly. When considering the fan/temp controls a friend of mine encouraged me to embark on developing a digital board. the only thing is that with both his and my limited availability it took us forever to develop it. so my amps spent a lot of time open and waiting for it. thus the "hate" part. Well the board works now and I need another piece, so I thought I could maybe share the cost with another few "connoisseurs" with a taste for solutions off the beaten path.

The board makes use of two IC temp sensors (Dallas D18B20) and starts spinning the fan at about 40degC and maxes out the fan speed between 50 and 55degC and will try to maintain it. It has hookups for three LEDs for power ON, fan ON, and Overheat (and other fault conditions if blinking etc.). It has auxiliary functions for remote turn on (from preamp) in parallel to momentary pushbutton turn on off the front pannel, soft start function and speaker DC protection.

The speaker protection function is the only one I am currently not using since the filters need refinement. I would add that to the board but for this function you would be on your own (the trimmers are there but I have no time for tuning the threshold for tripping protection relays vs. playing loud bass etc.).

The board is designed for pwm control of NF-S12A PWM. it makes no use of fan speed feedback and if the fan fails for whatever reason it will only react to temp rise. the board tests temp sensors for sending feedback though and will throw a fault if not working properly. I still recommend the use of temp switches as the last safe (my disclaimer ;)).

as for any reference to the fan noise: don't bother! I CANNOT hear the fan with no music on and have to look through the 9inch heatsink to see if it is spinning. For the proper arrangement check out my Aleph30 pics (you can see the control board in the front next to Dantimax vol attenuator).

I would supply the board with a flashed controller, brief instructions and I give you the source code in case you want to start changing anything (it takes Microchip PICkit3 programmer to flash it).

well, sign up if interested and if there is a group I may update it and order it by Xmass.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Aleph30_Koja_pic2168.JPG
    Aleph30_Koja_pic2168.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 266
  • Aleph30_Koja_pic2167.JPG
    Aleph30_Koja_pic2167.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Aleph30_Koja_pic2171.JPG
    Aleph30_Koja_pic2171.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.