• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential Other Group Buys related to EUVLs F5X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PRP 9372 Audio Resistors

So I have a small piece of good news for you.

If you have seen my original F5X boards, you would know that I used PRP9372 resistors (1/4W and 1W) for the main amplifier (except for the current limiting circuit), and also for the regulator RC filter.

For those who have read Ed Simon's article in Linear Audio Volume 1 on resistor non-linearity tests, you will know that PRP has one of the best performance amongst those tested, at very affordable costs.

Fitzfish is currently ordering them (sets) for the test team. Instead of the usual 100ppm/K types that is commercially available, e.g.

PRP Quarter Watt Resistors

he can get 50ppm/K ones.

Again read Ed Simon's article and you will know why tempco is important for low non-linearity.

I have talked fitzfish into also make them available to all, provided that he only needs to deal with one person. i.e. if you could organise yourself, collect money, send him one order, then match and distribute yourselves, ...., etc. you can have the same resistors at factory costs. Bear in mind that factory order for large quantities has a delivery time of 6 weeks minimum.

Now all in your own hands. :)

Patrick

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Sounds like a good idea to me:)
As I would be interested in a couple of sets of these resistors I can volunteer to collect money, send one order to fitzfish and distribute to GB participants. To keep things simple I think it would be a good idea to decide a deadline (I guess fitzfish would like to proceed on this soon as delivery times are long) and define what a "set" covers as well as a rough estimate of price/set.
Input appreciated!
Cheers,
Nic
-----------------------------------
Tentative participant list:
NicMac 2 sets

Tentative participant list for PRP resistors:

Note: 1 set = 1 complete F5X build (dual mono amps + PS)

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 1 set
horio 2 sets

Tentative participant list for PRP resistors:

Note: 1 set = 1 complete F5X build (dual mono amps + PS)

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets
Nikon1975 2 sets

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 1 set
horio 2 sets

Horio, how come you don't want to match these one as well ? Just joking. Fukushima resistors on their way :)

D.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.