• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential Other Group Buys related to EUVLs F5X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can do the PRP matching and hand over to Greg to distribute along with the Fukus.

One cover my butt statement up front, I have a full time job that sometimes is quite demanding. Without it, I will not have this hobby :) I will try my best to get the matching done asap, but I will need forgiveness if there is delay due to unforseeable event.

This is not likely to be issue to NA case participants as I can distribute to them when the case kits arrive. It is more like a headsup for the overseas fellow hobbyists.

Tentative participant list for PRP resistors for EUVL F5X build:

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets
Ramallo 1 set
Studley 1 set

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets
Nikon1975 2 sets
qusp 1 set

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 1 set
horio 2 set
Westley 2 sets
CanAm Man 1 set

Notes: This is a tentative list of members interested in a GB for PRP resistors for a EUVL F5X build (1 set = 1 complete F5X build (dual mono amps + PS)). The GB is run by NicMac, but was suggested by EUVL and kindly made possible by Fitzfish (see post #23). I will post more exact information on composition of a "set" (number and values), pricing and means of distribution/delivery when I have this information.

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets
Ramallo 1 set
Studley 1 set

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets
Nikon1975 2 sets
qusp 1 set
wktk_smile 1 set

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 1 set
horio 2 set
Westley 2 sets
CanAm Man 1 set

Notes: This is a tentative list of members interested in a GB for PRP resistors for a EUVL F5X build (1 set = 1 complete F5X build (dual mono amps + PS)). The GB is run by NicMac, but was suggested by EUVL and kindly made possible by Fitzfish (see post #23). I will post more exact information on composition of a "set" (number and values), pricing and means of distribution/delivery when I have this information.

entative participant list for PRP resistors for EUVL F5X build:

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets
Ramallo 1 set
Studley 1 set
samoloko 1 set

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets
Nikon1975 2 sets
qusp 1 set
wktk_smile 1 set

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 1 set
horio 2 set
Westley 2 sets
CanAm Man 1 set

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets
Ramallo 1 set
Studley 1 set
samoloko 1 set

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets
Nikon1975 2 sets
qusp 1 set
wktk_smile 1 set

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 2 set
horio 2 set
Westley 2 sets
CanAm Man 1 set

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets
Ramallo 1 set
Studley 1 set
samoloko 1 set

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets
Nikon1975 2 sets
qusp 1 set
wktk_smile 1 set
leejh 1 set

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 2 set
horio 2 set
Westley 2 sets
CanAm Man 1 set

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets
Ramallo 1 set
Studley 1 set
samoloko 1 set

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets
Nikon1975 2 sets
qusp 1 set
wktk_smile 1 set
leejh 1 set
johnwmclean 1 set

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 2 set
horio 2 set
Westley 2 sets
CanAm Man 1 set

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets
Ramallo 1 set
Studley 1 set
samoloko 1 set
CeeVee 2 sets

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets
Nikon1975 2 sets
qusp 1 set
wktk_smile 1 set
leejh 1 set
johnwmclean 1 set

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 2 set
horio 2 set
Westley 2 sets
CanAm Man 1 set

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello all,

I got reply from toroidy on the transformers.

On the base of 18 transformers 18-0, 0-18, 500VA, audiograde shielding and flexible terminations:
61 € each plus shipping.
example costs for shipping: Portugal 28€ for package up to 30kg.
Germany 15€ for package up to 30kg.

So now i will need a detailed list of interested members for the GB to take place.

Heinz...up to you now.:cool:

Amended list:

SumR (Canada)
(part number: RC0600 915 5; see post #179 and confirmed in post #181)

qusp
pmchoong (Malaysia)

Toroidy (Europe)

samoloko, mravinsky, heinz1, CeeVee, NicMac, APK, JBdV (2x), Studley (or Canterbury if they turn out to be the better option)

Antek (USA)

alazira

to be seen whether there is enough interest

Thanks very much, CeeVee for obtaining the quote from Toroidy.

The latest version of the potential participants of the Toroidy GB is in post #60 of this thread quoted above.

I would suggest to open a new thread dedicated to this GB from Toroidy in which participation of each buyer is confirmed.

CeeVee, do you have perhaps a .pdf-file from Toroidy showing the specifications the transformers?

Has anybody approached Canterbury in the UK for a toroid quote?

Yes, NicMac in post #42:

I asked Terry @ Canterbury Windings (Canterbury Windings Home) for a quote for transformers and below you can the see the specifications. I have bought transformers from them several times and the quality and service is always good. I will try these out and report back. For > 10 pcs. the price would be 86GBP including VAT.
Do we know the price from Toroidy?
----------------------------------------------
Power rating: 540VA
Primary: 0-230V @ 50/60Hz
Electrostatic screen
Secondaries: 2 x 0-15V @ 18A rms, it is not possible to bifilar wind these, but each secondary will be wound with 4 windings & as these will be wound alternately they will have similar winding resistances (usually within 1-2%) & as the wire will be from a single reel, the secondaries will be probably better matched than a bifilar wound pair using two reels of wire
GOSS band around the circumference
Regulation: approx 5% (around 15.92V off load)
Estimated dimensions: 140mm diameter x 76mm high away from leadouts
Mounting: standard mounting kit (adds approx 4.5mm to the height)
Leadouts: approx 200mm long flexible (stranded)
Audio grade construction

Shipping costs in post #46:
> How much does Canterbury Windings charge for shipping?

27 GBP + VAT for 2 pcs. of the above cited TX, UK -> Italy
Cheers,
Nic

Data on the Toroidy transformers :

mechanical and electrical

Options

Once we have settled on exact specs we want i will send them the list of interested members with delivery details.

Please let me know your option on winding, shielding ...

all the Best

Patrick has summarized the properties of the F5X transformer in a .pdf-file (cited in post #10):

Here is the transformer specification.

I believe we should follow the specs outlined in the .pdf-file.

Could you also investigate whether it might be possible to use a 600 VA core as suggested by Patrick in post #17:

Thanks again.

PS: Oh, do these €61 per transformer include VAT or not? VAT will be also added to shipping?

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Gerhard,

The specs Patrick outlined are exactly what the Toroidy transformers have:

Shield between windings and shield outside.

Price is inc tax.

They will levy tax on transport but we got a lucky break in that they have just renegotiated their delivery contract and it's now less then half of what i paid for my last delivery !!!

I will ask them if it is possible to use 600VA core, i have some doubts because it's not in their range of products, they jump from 500VA to 1K.

Although this is a minor issue as 500VA is 2.5 times the minimum transformer requirement for F5.

The 15v windings are not a problem, price is the same.

I'll let you know what i get back from them ASAP.:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.