• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Silonex LDRs for Lightspeed Attenuator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ordered 500 LDRs from Allied a few minutes ago. Got them for 1.50 each on the dot. Tried to get 10% off but they wouldnt budge. Forgot about Texas taxes. Oh well no big deal. There is always some financial goof in a GB and I dont mind eating this one.

Feel free to still order I wont close this group buy until I sell all matched sets so it could even be a few months.
Uriah

Your back

Count me in.
I need to review George's LSA with Paul's VCCS and IRTR implementation and will be looking for 2 sets; but haven't pinned down whether to order enough to match them myself or let the 'pro' do it. Would 40 be enough to get two sets? At app. $1.50ea cost seems even either way. I'll let you know tomorrow.

PS. Nice 'touch' with the 'support' for DIYAudio! :yes:

Charles

death and____

Thanks,
Yea, both Allied and Mouser have Texas facilities; ie. 8-8.25% sales tax. DigiKey just charges everyone their respective state tax just on 'GP'. You might qualify for 'Resale-Exemption'. See gmail !

But, I think most of us won't have a problem with $1.62ea;
WILL WE!

Charles

Well,
Allied refunded my order because I used a card that had my old Rhode Island address.
So I have to make the purchase again. I think I will order more since I already have over 250 unmatched LDRs requested from you guys and I feel like to do great matching I need 300+ LDRs so maybe I will order 1000.
I have had second thoughts about absorbing the taxes.
I had ordered from my old Rhode Island Allied contact and now he can not service me anymore so I have to pay 1.54 now for LDRs rather than the 1.50 he was charging me. Multiply that by 8.25% which I think is the Texas sales tax I will have to pay and we get 1.66705 per LDR. So while I dont see a good reason to charge extra to the guys that are buying single ended matched pairs since they are only getting 4 LDRs and thats a whole big total of about 68 cents I DO see a reason to pass the taxes on to the guys that are buying unmatched LDRs. When you order 50 of them for example it takes over $8 out of my pocket. So I am sorry I have to pass on this expense to you guys. I never got charged the taxes by Allied when I ordered from Rhode Island and having moved to Texas only a month ago this is my first order in this state and Allied happens to be located here which, as Charles stated, means I have to cover their high taxes. Sorry guys. I will send out extra invoices for the taxes to the guys who have ordered unmatched and will add 8.25% to unmatched orders from now on.

Still taking orders.
Uriah

So I think I should do an update after the tax fiasco.

I charge $4 for shipping anywhere in the world. Flat rate.
Required $3 donation to DIYaudio for each order is included in your price.
30 cents plus 3% of final total covers paypal fees.

I am paying 1.54 each for LDRs after taxes and paypal fees they end up at 1.667 each.

Unbalanced Stereo Matched Set = 38.42
Balanced Stereo Matched Set = 100.22

Examples of quantities and pricing for unmatched LDRs including all fees:
25 = 50.44
50 = 93.97
75 = 136.29
100 = 179.22

Here is how it is calculated

((LDRs*1.54)(taxes of 8.25%)) +Shipping + DIYaudio Donation + Minimum PayPal fee of 30 cents
Multiply the whole thing by 3%

There are now plenty of LDRs left so please dont hesitate to put your order in.

I am working on a paper describing how to assemble the Lightspeed Attenuator and why it works the way it does.

Uriah

Hi,

I don't know if I'm blind or not; but why did you not wired the signal and the voltage ground together like in George's default circuit? any advantage? (and if I'm not mistaken the right and the left signal ground are separate as well in your PCB)

When the LDRs are matched and all the components are soldered; how do you adjust the 2 trim-pots? I'm planning to add a rotary switch for input selection before the LS circuit, so I'll have different type of inputs going through the LS attenuator.

Regards,
Ced.

CED,
Please lets conduct the build on George's thread.
In response to your question
Power GND is not GND its -0V. We dont want this in the signal.
You can feel free to use only one Signal Ground and route all signal ground to this point. That will work fine and so will the way in my drawing.
Adjust the trimpots while measuring the resistance of the series resistor associated with the trimmer. When it is equal to the same resistance as the other series resistor then things are good :)
You can of course use a switch but that sort of defeats a big advantage of this circuit. Having all soldered contacts is sonically better than the small contacts on a switch and the RCA plugs have a giant surface area so its not a big deal, plus there is really no other option so we have to have them. But we can opt out of switches and relays to get a better sound. Yep, you will then have only one input and one output.

Uriah

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
udailey said:
So I think I should do an update after the tax fiasco.

I charge $4 for shipping anywhere in the world. Flat rate.
Required $3 donation to DIYaudio for each order is included in your price.
30 cents plus 3% of final total covers paypal fees.

I am paying 1.54 each for LDRs after taxes and paypal fees they end up at 1.667 each.

Unbalanced Stereo Matched Set = 38.42
Balanced Stereo Matched Set = 100.22

Examples of quantities and pricing for unmatched LDRs including all fees:
25 = 50.44
50 = 93.97
75 = 136.29
100 = 179.22

Here is how it is calculated

((LDRs*1.54)(taxes of 8.25%)) +Shipping + DIYaudio Donation + Minimum PayPal fee of 30 cents
Multiply the whole thing by 3%

There are now plenty of LDRs left so please dont hesitate to put your order in.

I am working on a paper describing how to assemble the Lightspeed Attenuator and why it works the way it does.

Uriah

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.