• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

JX92S Group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Update

I got a reply back from EAD but the pricing is going to depend on the quantity. Based on the reaction so far, I am going to tell EAD that we would like a total of at least 70 drivers :eek: with 80 being the maximum. I will report back when we get pricing for that quantity.

Edit: I don't see a problem with folks from outside the US joining the group buy but realize that shipping will be fairly expensive. The most economical shipping option I can see is sending a pair of drivers in a USPS priority box for about 40USD. That doesn't include insurance, which might be a good thing to have. I'm not sure how much that would be.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Hi Richard.

If I will be doing the shipping then USPS priority boxes will definitely be used for US and Canada shipping. It's certainly the most cost effective method for shipping smaller heavy things like a pair of drivers. However, depending on how things work out I may not be the one doing the shipping.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
I've shipped up to 3 2.2kg transformers (~16 lbs including filler) in a flat rate box before. I would think they can handle a pair of properly packed JX92S's. How much does a JX92S weigh?

The flat rate boxes that would be used are 11in x 8.5in x 5.5in (as t-head said a couple posts up).

Edit: According to the diyparadise site, the shipping weight (actually mass) of a JX92S is 3.3kg, so a pair is the same as 3 2.2kg transformers :) They should be good as long as they can fit in the box with packaging.

BWRX said:

It looks like a pair of drivers in the factory boxes will fit nicely inside a flat rate box with some padding.

Um, I don't quite see it. Actual size of driver box (from billnchristy) is 5.75" x 6.25" x 4.25". Size of flat-rate box is 11in x 8.5in x 5.5in (inside dimensions?).

So if you put them in so the 4.25" inch size is aligned with the 5.5" dimension of the larger box, you've got 2x5.75" = 11.5" on the other axis - too long for the 8.5x11 shipping box. And any other orientation is too big for the 5.5" shipping box dimension.

Or am I just being obtuse? It has been a long day.

Aengus

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Quite astute you are Aengus! What you don't know about the USPS flat rate boxes is that they aren't prefectly dimensioned. You can squeeze another 0.5 inches out of it lengthwise since they come packed flat and you have to tape them together yourself. USPS doesn't care as long as the contents aren't bulging the sides of the box too much. That's been my experience anyway.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
So far we've got 32 people interested in at least 67 drivers. As I said before, the maximum we can have is 80. If you've expressed interest and have not given a set number of drivers you want you will get what I have you signed up for - the least number you said you would be interested in. If you only said you were interested I assumed you only were interested in 2 drivers. First post first serve after I find out the price and let you guys know and no more than 4 drivers per person.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.