BIB with 167E, open top exposed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
stuffing.

I think they need some stuffing. the places most people say. a little in the bottom, a little behind the driver. I was getting a 400hz resonance in my pair. stuffing killed the bump and helped the sound presentation somewhat. the 167e is a damped sounding driver, so it needs a damped enclosure to some degree perhaps.

the least stuffing you can get away with is generally better.

elevating a BIB will perceptibly strengthen bass response somewhat, from my experience. I did not RTA or keyboard it, but I remember that it might have created a hump at around the resonant frequency or the driver in the process. it was a tradeoff of desirability.

I would not design a BIB with the lift in mind. i don't need it. it is certainly something you can play with to varying degrees of sucess.

I set my first BIBs on a coffee table (to get the midrage to shoot over people's heads somewhat) and threw a dance party. it worked well.

the 167e will make a nice BIB on the cheap. remember though that the 168 is really the killer bee in the hive....if you got the dough.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.