Straight Line Array SB65WBAC25-4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you mean to use 3 arrays up front for L,C and R? Topped with Atmos height channels, and surround channels?

I've only used 4.0, two arrays and two single driver speakers as surround. But based on that experience I'd say its definitely worth trying the Atmos, but if you're thinking single or a simpler center speaker than an array I don't expect that to be easy to integrate.

Do you mean to use 3 arrays up front for L,C and R? Topped with Atmos height channels, and surround channels?

That is the plan! I might just do it and report back but maybe some of you linearrays guys have done it already.

I bit the bullet recently and moved to 6.2 config. I like the surround effect. Had an inadequate center connected for a bit........the vocals presentation was good for movies but there was something not quite right. It was a love hate relationship.

On another note I suspect the extra ATMOS height energy would probably be ok even though the LA is floor to ceiling. After all we are talking about the extra noise being added by the channels. I suspect a difference in front to back seat positioning might cause more problems than left to right variations.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.