Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Need help with enclosure for Supravox 165-2000EXC
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th December 2017, 06:26 PM   #11
Lowrideris is offline Lowrideris
diyAudio Member

enclosure width and deep can be swiched ? i like slimer side to face me
Old 16th December 2017, 07:55 PM   #12
Scottmoose is offline Scottmoose  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

An MLTL looks like a bass reflex. It just doesn't work quite the same way. Reflex boxes assume Helmholtz action & no standing waves. MLTLs, like other QW boxes, deliberately generate & use standing waves.
Old 16th December 2017, 09:29 PM   #13
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrideris View Post
enclosure width and deep can be swiched ? i like slimer side to face me
Yes, you can make WxD whatever you want as long as it is ~638 cm^2 [all dimensions are inside [i.d.] same as before and there's at least ~5 cm between the driver cutout and baffle edges.

GM
Old 16th December 2017, 09:32 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmoose View Post
MLTLs, like other QW boxes, deliberately generate & use standing waves.
........to damp the vent to better control the driver down low in the ~octave above box tuning [Fb].

GM
Old 16th December 2017, 09:55 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

...I was waiting for that. Now, I wonder who first taught me about this...?

How goes things Greg? Will be in touch over the next couple of days; sorry it's been so long.
Old 16th December 2017, 10:09 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

MJK?

Samo-samo except AFAIK I'm finally out of debt after right at 20 yrs now. Yeah, seems like we can't get over one 'bump in the road' of life before we get sucker punched again. Oh well, the way mostly younger folks around me are dying from diabetes and/or cancer, I count my blessings, few as they sometimes seem.

GM
Old 17th December 2017, 09:27 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
MJK?

Samo-samo except AFAIK I'm finally out of debt after right at 20 yrs now. Yeah, seems like we can't get over one 'bump in the road' of life before we get sucker punched again. Oh well, the way mostly younger folks around me are dying from diabetes and/or cancer, I count my blessings, few as they sometimes seem.
I learned a lot of physics from Martin (big thanks owed to him) but I seem to recall somebody else who I learned even more from on the wider physics, history, developing acoustic alignments...

Excellent re clearing the debt! Big relief for the wallet, & not having it lurking constantly in the background.

I hear you. I'm determined to make next year better than the last few. Stood still way too long, although I can't complain -I've got a roof over my head & a bit of income, & that's more than some can say. Time to get my book & a couple of new papers finished off, then see if I can bring off what I've been plotting for a while.

Last edited by Scottmoose; 17th December 2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 18th December 2017, 04:12 PM   #18
Lowrideris is offline Lowrideris
diyAudio Member

i found enclosure from PHY HP http://www.phy-hp.com/tqwt17cm.html
they use driver almost identical to supravox by qts qe qm and etc...
so qtwt encosure is ok for this qts value 0.61 .
they use driver :e17lb15

but Fs is diferent. also found this on japan site : Supravox History
looks like they use supravox enlosure ...
Old 18th December 2017, 04:51 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Perhaps they do. That doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I could explain that the diagrams you've unearthed on the PHY site are right out of Weems, and that the Japanese DIY scene has a number of region-specific characteristics, but I get the feeling you've already decided what you want to believe. So I'll wish you the very best of luck for your project and bow out at this point.
Old 18th December 2017, 08:13 PM   #20
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrideris View Post
i found enclosure from PHY HP tqwt17cm
Chris built that enclosure… it sucked.

Need help with enclosure for Supravox 165-2000EXC-phy8-jpg

dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phy8.jpg (32.9 KB, 151 views)

Need help with enclosure for Supravox 165-2000EXCHide this!Advertise here!