Pensils for Alpair 10.3 & Alpair 10p

I wondered if you clever blokes have advice on vent vs port with a pensil design. It seems to my lay understanding, that if the port (without tube) has the same surface area as the vent, performance will be essentially unaltered.

So a port hole with a diameter a little over 5cm would provide the same function?

I ask because I would like an easy option to having the entire front face one piece. And a hole is a simpler task to keep looking tight.

Thanks to all on these threads for the constant supply of information and inspiration.

Special thanks to Mark and Scott - hope my question didn't put any noses out of joint :)

Last edited:
Radius a little over 5cm. It's been a few year since I need to consider pie.

so that'd be approx 10cm diameter, area approx 78.5cm^2

and while my wife is trying to keep me off the wasted carbs, I always like to consider a nice pie, or New York cheesecake :rolleyes:

we'll leave it to Scott to advise if the high aspect ratio slot port/terminus is an integral factor in the Pensil architecture

Providing the vent CSA is held per that of the stock box, and it's positioned as close to the bottom as physically possible, you should be fine with a circular. The aspect ratio of the vents in the pensil alignments (well, the ones published at any rate) is not sufficient to cause a significant functional change in performance; it isn't until we get to more extreme variations that it would start to become more critical.