Sound signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the only proof for your extraordinary claims is your experience? Look up the bybee discussion, I think Sy took one apart and measured it, its snake oil. Dosnt change anything, just like the wires tested in the video. You claim to be a technician but believe in voodo, you cant do both.
I know Bybee, a wirewound Mil resistor wrapped in some material.
Bybee doing big storytelling around this device, agree.

Because they can not sell it if they say the same thing as me.
That they actually do not know what gives the good sound signature. But supplying good sound via a single component without it being measurable is not unthinkable, is my experience.

I do not see it as voodo but something very many have experienced, professional amature Diy consumer.

But as an electronics technician i must say that there is a lack of theory and measurement and I can say that with certainty because I am a technician.

As you can see here Jorma Prime Audio Cable | Jorma Design Jorma has used Bybee in their cables. I've heard these cables, they're really good, maybe partly because of Bybee

Personally, I have good experiences with putting a particularly well-sounding resistor as series resistor in shunt volume, I know some manufacturers do that too, But no one knows 100% how the good sound arises, everything is based on listening experience.

Do,you know what a resistors temp and voltage coefficient are? Dosnt sound like it.

Believing snake oil sales pitches (every overpriced cable) dosnt make it true. There's more people who believe the earth is flat, or vaccines give you autism then there are people who think silver sounds different than copper.

But as an electronics technician i must say that there is a lack of theory and measurement and I can say that with certainty because I am a technician.
There are plenty of doctors who mess things up with patient. Have you ever heard of medical malpractice insurance? Just because someone is an electronics technician, it doesn't mean he is infallible to usual human flaws. Unless you have done a double blind listening test of cables, you should be a bit reserved on concluding what Ethan Winer's Null test is.

Cable differences.

For example with analog interconnect cables between pre and amp -

The closer the preamps output is to a very low resistance and the amps input is a quite high impedance, the less likely the cable is to be able to have an effect.

(IE: pre 20 ohms and amp 25K ohms)

IMHO: The design of the system matters. Well designed equipment just works better. And no, high price does not equate to best design.

Greg

That they actually do not know what gives the good sound signature.

Myself, and no doubt many others, agree with everything you have shared in this thread but please realise: you are wasting your time here. The army of idle, clueless trolls will drain all your energy and drown your thread with noise. There is just no point persisting, other venues are a lot more suitable for such discussions.

you are wasting your time here.
Helpful tip for you and thor2, good way to save time is to back up the claim with evidence.

There is just no point persisting, other venues are a lot more suitable for such discussions.
There sure are audio related venues which the use of evidence isn't popular. One member there uses bag of pebbles taped to the interconnect cable plugs for sound improvement.

mikro-pebbles.jpg

What measurement did you do? Semper Fi told a different story in Resistors thread.

No. In what you quoted he says the exact same thing as me about different resitors (as all other parts) come with different parasitics.

I am adding to that that this can be enough to tune an unstable circuit node to a different oscillation or set off or stop oscillation which could be perceived as "different sound signature".

Myself, and no doubt many others, agree with everything you have shared in this thread but please realise: you are wasting your time here. The army of idle, clueless trolls will drain all your energy and drown your thread with noise. There is just no point persisting, other venues are a lot more suitable for such discussions.

Yea try the flat earthers or the the no vaccers, there are also other places where hairbrained ideas get full support with absolutely no proof, logic, or scientific backing. There the army of idle, clueless trolls will back up every dumb idea you have.

No. In what you quoted he says the exact same thing as me about different resitors (as all other parts) come with different parasitics.
I agree on this part. But one point he clearly made is that one resistor he measured act as a high pass filter with a 10kHz corner frequency, no need to go into node stability or oscillation at all. 20 years ago, that resistor would be audibly muddy to me, even used on a passive attenuation network, no relation to stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.