I read a lot since I don't have much on my workbench. :D :D

/Hugo

Attachments

• mvc-748f.jpg
    mvc-748f.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,551
v-bro said:
Nice corner-desk you've got in your basement Bwrx!:angel:

But isn't it a moisty basement? Seriously worried 'bout your working conditions man :confused: !

Worry about a Pennsylvanian in a cold, damp space? Don't you know about the etymology of Pennsylvanians ? -- these people are as tough as rocks -- if they aren't descent from Quaker pilgrims or Hessians mercenaries or Welsh coal miners, they are the stuff of Rocky Balboa or Fenian bombthrowers at the Pullman factory.

Don't have pennsylvanian neigbours, nor seen a bunch of'em from nearby. It's not that I complain a lot, but I love an outside view and fresh air when I'm working.:cool:

Might many pennsylvanians be descendents of Irish caisson workers, if there survived any they gotta be tough!:grumpy:

v-bro said:
Don't have pennsylvanian neigbours, nor seen a bunch of'em from nearby. It's not that I complain a lot, but I love an outside view and fresh air when I'm working.:cool:

Might many pennsylvanians be descendents of Irish caisson workers, if there survived any they gotta be tough!:grumpy:

caisson workers are called "sand hogs" -- at least in the Eastern U.S. where we do have a lot of tunnels (as in New York City where there is a massive water tunnel still under construction), and the Irish figure prominently in the trade -- the Irish also built the canals in the U.S. so they are used to getting wet and dirty.

in the mines of Eastern Pennsylvania Dutch and German are still spoken -- I would guess like the Acadian French it is an aglomeration of the 18th and 19th century varieties.

the current state of my bench:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.