PC Software control for Analog Audio Analyzers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
This project started some years ago when Shannon Parks published his control software for the Boonton 1120. I had a Boonton at the time and latched onto the software the moment I discovered it on Diytube diytube.com • Index page. He posted his source code and "challenged" anyone to compile it. I downloaded the source but did nothing for years. It was not high enough on my list (actually software creation has always been pretty low on my list.)

Recently I have had a college student (Brent Luker) doing some work for me and I discovered he is really good with code. I contacted Shannon to get his most recent work and we set about addressing a few issues I had. As we got into the project we restructured the code and made some revisions/enhancements. The original code needed Excel to plot the data. More recent versions of Visual Studio have the plotting capability built in. I also structured it to do a suite of tests that get most of what we can from an analyzer in one pass.

With the restructuring we managed to port the setup over to run the Keithley 2015 pretty quickly. I have a handful of other instruments on the project list and hope to get them done soon.

The current (rev .9 really) versions are all using the National Intruments GPIB interface. Its possible to use the Agilent/Keysight USB-GPIB interface with the NI Max which is probably the cheapest (eBay for around $100 1 PC New In Box HP Agilent 82357B USB-GPIB Interface High-Speed USB 2.0 | eBay ) way to get started. We hope to have a serial interface working for the Keithley soon as well.

The Boonton 1120-1121 version and its source code are here: Releases * 1audio/Boonton-Windows-10 * GitHub

The Keithley 2015 code is here: Releases * 1audio/Keithley-Windows-10 * GitHub The Keiithley supports both GPIB and USB (you don't need the GPIB overhead, but GPIB is faster)

I'll try to update this post as things change. I would be grateful for feedback on the current versions and contributions from anyone who wants to improve the code/functionality.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Boonton Screenshot

This is a screenshot of the Boonton in process. Its pretty self explanatory.

Attachments

• Boonton Automated Measurements.PNG
    Boonton Automated Measurements.PNG
    29.7 KB · Views: 472
There is another update to the software -- and it makes impedance measurement a breeze. There is an updated impedance calibration function as well.

Instead of using the current monitor function of the J2111 adapter, now just use a current probe/amplifier. With the impedance calibration function you can compensate for the LF rolloff of the P6022.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.