How to upgrade a Pioneer Pd 95

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Ingemar, in answer to your pm to me I have done work on the PD77 which I believe is similar if not the same as the PD75, your PD95 may be similar, so here goes, the Tentlabs XO3 using the XOsupply and the improved spidf output from the XO3 does wonders for the Pioneer as a transport,
If using as a player the XO2 will suffice with a XOsupply

The output can be improved by replacing the NE5532's with AD825's on dual Browndog convertor boards, remember the NE5532 is a dual opamp and the AD825 is a single smd, you have to use Browndog boards.
On the PD77 circuit you can see it's output is a dual fet driven by half of the NE5532 and it is driven from the other half I/V NE5532.

The output coupling cap C573 and C572 if the dc offset is now low (0v-10mv) because of the AD825's, you may short out as well to give direct coupled output.

Cheers George

Attachments

• da and analog stage postable size.gif
    da and analog stage postable size.gif
    96.9 KB · Views: 478
Georgehifi is the right person that you should talk to.

A good clock, upgrade of the opamps to opa627 (which I preferred over the AD825) and the change of the couple output caps near the RCA output should be standard mods for your PD95.

Other basic mods includes biasing the opamps to run in Class A mode, change of caps etc...

There are a ton of mods that you can do on the PD95 but take it one step at a time.

Have fun

Pd 95

Thank you George and Ruach .I have now changed the opamps in the analog output from jrc 2114 to opa 2604.What a huge differense it made,bas,treble everything is so much better.Have another question for you guys,where do i put my tent xo3 with supply,in the dac or in my drive?Have a Danish 1tech monsterdac that already has a Lc audio xo3 inside?
Kindly/Ingemar

Re: Pd 95

ingemar said:
Thank you George and Ruach .I have now changed the opamps in the analog output from jrc 2114 to opa 2604.What a huge differense it made,bas,treble everything is so much better.Have another question for you guys,where do i put my tent xo3 with supply,in the dac or in my drive?Have a Danish 1tech monsterdac that already has a Lc audio xo3 inside?
Kindly/Ingemar

In the transport, and then it will sing!

Cheers George

Pd95

Hi again.
I think i need some guidanse according mounting the xo3 clock,where do i connect the new spdif in/out so i can get the benefits of that?I want to bypass the old one so i dont need to make a new output.The same for the clock where do i connect it and what do i need to remove?
Kindly/Ingemar

Pd 95

Hi.
Shure i understand its hard for you guys to help me like this.
And i can ask sombody to do it for me,but i prefer to do it my self.I know that im not so skillfull that you guys are,but i can tell differense between parts and i understand to read a schematic and soldereing is no problem.Ive been reading the instructions on lc audios homepage and it says something like that i have to remove:X512 andR511 shortcut C517 and then connect clockout to pin3 on ic512 and use pin 7 for gnd the problem is that i cant find ic 512.
Have a nice weekend and thanks for your time/Ingemar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.