philips old ic for cdplayer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't have the datasheet, but they are microcontroller chips, so they work with programmed code for their specific function. On Philips units, the chips have a program version number as well as the type number, and sometimes different versions work, sometimes not. It depends on how the program has been changed, and for what unit it was programmed. I think they are OTP chips, and cannot be re-programmed.

Hope this helps.:)

Here is the pictures of this chips. The left one ,which is from my cdplayer, very hot and 4.4334MHz clock not working .
Replaced with one on the right side in the picture. The clock is working now but I am not sure if it is right version that you mationed above.
The eye pattern is ok but the mute control bit of mab8420 not relaesed .
The player can't read TOC of the disc and tracking its way to the end of disc and starting from begining again,no data to saa7030.

Should both MAB8410 and MAB8420 be same version? Waht is the version mark on the top of the chips ?
It seems that only if same version can save this cdplayer .

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• resize of dscf0414.jpg
    resize of dscf0414.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 349
From what I remember, it was about 15 years ago, the type number is something like;-

MAB8410-162

The "162" is the version number. I think they may be mask -programmed devices, ie programmed during manufacture. They are crude compared to modern PIC or AVR chips.

It is important to seperate devices by function. Controllers that control the laser pickup may be interchangeable, I successfully replaced one with a different number and it worked ok. Manufacturers add new features to their latest products, but the essential features remain the same. A controller from the keypad/display section will not work in the laser pickup section. Philips used several of these in one player, each controlling a different function. You need to replace the damaged chip with one that has at least the same function, even if the program number is different.

Hope this is even more helpful.:)

In the schematics this MAB8410 is for subcode decoding,audio output relay control and data to MAB8420(laser pickup control).
If someone knows the chip's version or old cd-players ,working same function as this one. I will try to find the chips or old cdplayer with the chips.

Thanks

Attachments

• resize of rotation of dscf0422.jpg
    resize of rotation of dscf0422.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 299
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.