Denon DVD-2910 service manual?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That part is called "Traverse Mecha Assembly" (or short "Traverse Unit").
The laser itself is caller "Pick Up" and it is HOP-1200R (Hitachi).

Attachments

• 2910.png
    2910.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Service manual request

I would really appreciate if anyone can send me a copy of the service manual for the Denon DVD-2910.

My 2910 doesn't want to load any disc anymore, it always says 00h00m00 when I put in a CD or DVD.

What part should I replace? The laser, the motor or the whole optical drive?

See post #21... it's all there. If you don't have experience in DIY, ask somebody else to replace the parts.

I do have experience in DIY, so I think I can do it myself. Is the part number the only thing I need to know? And is there a way to find out which part needs to be replaced. I'm quite sure it's the drive mechanism or the laser, but on eBay I can only find lasers. I'm not sure if replacing only the laser will fix my player.

The SMPS part TOP244 in my Denon 2910 has failed, and is a dead short. It seems to me that the SMPS is always the most failure prone part. Rather than replacing it I was wonderiing if it isnt better to replace the SMPS with a transformer and rectifier. The SMPS dc out feeds several 78xx linear regulators. IF some one has the schematic, I would be really appreciative if you could tell me the output dc voltages of the SMPS. It looks like there are two secondary windings, and hence two output dc voltages.

Thanks in advance.

vkj

The SMPS part TOP244 in my Denon 2910 has failed, and is a dead short. It seems to me that the SMPS is always the most failure prone part. Rather than replacing it I was wonderiing if it isnt better to replace the SMPS with a transformer and rectifier. The SMPS dc out feeds several 78xx linear regulators. IF some one has the schematic, I would be really appreciative if you could tell me the output dc voltages of the SMPS. It looks like there are two secondary windings, and hence two output dc voltages.

Thanks in advance.

vkj

Hi, I have schematic (service manual 13.9 mb). Give me your email address and I can send it to you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.