Attachments

• E30 Parts.jpg
    E30 Parts.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 403
  • E30 Parts 2.jpg
    E30 Parts 2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
Something like that doesnt happen without a reason and is unlikely to have gone down spectacularly without taking something else with it, so I wouldnt imagine just replacing the DC-DC convertor would guarantee it wouldnt happen again. removing it and perhaps any damaged caps (a better picture would help, of your board) and feeding 5V across the 5V test point and GND, from any old 5VDC test supply or lab supply and see how you go.

Something like that doesnt happen without a reason and is unlikely to have gone down spectacularly without taking something else with it, so I wouldnt imagine just replacing the DC-DC convertor would guarantee it wouldnt happen again. removing it and perhaps any damaged caps (a better picture would help, of your board) and feeding 5V across the 5V test point and GND, from any old 5VDC test supply or lab supply and see how you go.

I sold Topping E30 on Ebay, and the buyer returned it as damaged. I had to refund in full. I opened the box and found this chip is totally damaged. I'm pretty sure that the buyer connected incompatible PSU to the unit.

I was searching the chip, but I could find no 12 pin buck chip that would be the replacement for this. I'm still searching, so please let me know if someone can find one. I'll really appreciate it.

This is the picture of my board.

Attachments

• Topping.jpg
    Topping.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 758
This is the picture of my board.

I'd remove all burnt components in the area and clean it up , so you can check if the board and tracks are intact enough to be repairable in the first place!!

Lot of conductive carbonisation there too.

I sold Topping E30 on Ebay, and the buyer returned it as damaged. I had to refund in full. I opened the box and found this chip is totally damaged. I'm pretty sure that the buyer connected incompatible PSU to the unit.

It could well have killed IC's downstream too , you might get the psu section working to find the processor or DAC is dead too

I'd chuck it

Thank you, guys. Yes, I cleaned up the board. As MikePP guessed, the trace is damaged and I even see copper layer after removing carbon.

One question about test PSU. The PCB says 5.65V, -5.6V and 10V (picture in the first post). Do I need all of them at exact voltage?