Help for PCM1704 Delay Circuits and Other

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I try to make a NOS balanced dac with 4xPCM1704 and JLSound I2SOver module.Before to draw layout and PCB boards i need help and some advice from members if it possible.My circuit like that block diagram.My questions are ;

1. Do i have to add a delay data half clock cycle circuit after my buffer and 7 bit delay like DDDAC ? It confused me.
  2. Do i need to use a SRC4192 after WM8804? Or my diagram is enough to get coax and optical inputs?
  3. According to members experience, NOS or DF1706 Oversampling.Which one should I prefer?
Best Regards

Attachments

• DAC.png
    DAC.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 255
  • DAC.pdf
    571.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DAC1704 Circuit.png
    DAC1704 Circuit.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 256
  • dddac.png
    dddac.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 253
  • DAC1704circuit.pdf
    844.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I think that You do not need to use any additional circuit. Because right justified format already is present via jumper configuration? Take a look at the JL datasheet...
Actually my questions for after S/PDIF and optical input stage. After these stages Wm8804 comes. Then bit delay and buffer stages then pcm1704 chips. It seems enough or there need to take actions which i ask first post.

JLSound is capable to drive the PCM1704 directly
SRC4192 is digital filter
if you want to keep the NOS, use a shifter, it can be either a 7 bit delay or the whole army which will store 32 bits + 7 bit and latch it together ...
DAC with two PCM1704
use registers 74hct164d (smd)
alternatively create a stop-clock system from digital logic, but it is more complicated and in 1704 you will not find a benefit

Last edited:
JLSound is capable to drive the PCM1704 directly
SRC4192 is digital filter
if you want to keep the NOS, use a shifter, it can be either a 7 bit delay or the whole army which will store 32 bits + 7 bit and latch it together ...
DAC with two PCM1704
use registers 74hct164d (smd)
alternatively create a stop-clock system from digital logic, but it is more complicated and in 1704 you will not find a benefit

So there is no need to delay data half clock cycle like DDDAC ?
DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC - Non Oversampling DAC with PCM1794 - no digital filter - modular design DIY DAC for high resolution audio 192/24 192kHz 24bit
Pavel's circuit is enough for the NOS application.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.