USB to SPDIF Digital to Digital Converter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wondering if anyone knows of a product that can convert digital signal to digital signal, specifically usb input to spdif output while either being usb powered, or 12v capable for car audio.

Looking to keep the signal completely in the digital domain from a phone for an amplifier input, then the amp/dsp can do its thing. The amp is an Audiotech fischer P Six DSP MK2 (HELIX P SIX DSP MK2 | Audiotec Fischer) which can accept spdif input out of the box.

I found 2 non car audio products that do usb to spdif, the Schitt eitr doesn't look like it could be added to a car easily because of 6v power, and the m2tech highface2 requires drivers, and may not work off an OTG cable from a phone as I intended:

Schiit Audio, Headphone amps and DACs made in USA.

https://lnx.m2tech.biz/products/pens/hiface-two/

Does minidsp or some other manufacturer have such a product? The vast majority of products i could find are DAC's, with usb/spdif input to coax/rca/headphone output. Even a dac that also happens to have digital outputs in addition to its analog outputs could work.

No problem, and in case if you wish to build such interface by yourself, I give you some sketch what I made right now as exercise.

Attachments

• 2019-06-28_22-25-22.png
    2019-06-28_22-25-22.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 388
  • 2019-06-28_22-25-39.png
    2019-06-28_22-25-39.png
    83 KB · Views: 374
  • 2019-06-28_22-18-55.png
    2019-06-28_22-18-55.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 379
The price isn't a huge deal, if the card is capable of higher sampling than my amplifier, the cost seems to be fairly negligible.

My only other option for digital input on this amp is to get a USB expansion card (for usb OTG on a phone direct to the amp), but the card is nearly $300.

I may have to just order one of the cards you guys have suggested and deal with the shipping time. There seems to be nothing under $50 available with fast shipping.

I'm surprised there isnt a mainstream chip from adafruit or something for a raspberry pi to do optical output via usb.

Wondering if anyone knows of a product that can convert digital signal to digital signal, specifically usb input to spdif output while either being usb powered, or 12v capable for car audio.

This $60 board might interest you: Twisted Pear Audio DAC/Receiver. It is solely powered by USB and can output SPDIF from USB without any special drivers. Works in both Mac OS and Windows.

usb.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.