Zen -> Cen -> Sen, evolution of a minimalistic IV Converter

Thanks for your advice Brijac

I have indeed the new TI JFET in my list of interest but the problem is that I need to make a new pcb for them.
I made my pcb compatible with 2SK2145 and CPH6904 on the other hand so easy to try and very good results for the ON semi.

Are you using the JFE2140 with a TI DAC like PCM/DSD1792/94?

Reactions: 1 user
I found a set of completed SEN boards that I bought from someone that had them as the balanced output stage of a Buffalo II DAC. I didn't think I was ever going to use these but I'm going to build a balanced TDA1541 DAC with @ryanj 's D3 boards and I'd like to use these to start. I thought I read in here that it will still be a current output and the voltage conversion happens with a resistor terminated at the output connectors. I don't know if that's correct or not. I also saw that you could use up to 24V DC for a floating supply, not sure if that's right either. Lastly can someone draw a diagram as to how I would wire it up for balanced output?
SEN1.jpg
SEN2.jpg
SEN 3.jpg

I use it for other projects i'm workin on, preamp mostly. I'll probably implement it soon on output stage for r2r dac. Not TI dacs i'm afraid, not so much experience with them both on hand and sound wise.

This project is something i'd definitely try it on. Perhaps in the next few months.
Thanks for your comments.
I have an idea on how to connect them with the DSD1792A that I am using.
Sound wise this DAC is fantastic with the SEN behind.

I should have made a modular design for the IV so that I could easily swap that stage. I’ll have to do another PCB for the TI JFET.

Reactions: 1 user