Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter
Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 09:09 PM   #7361
A123 is offline A123  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunlun121 View Post
I emailed sales at Skeleton’s tech asking them by when the SCI3400 would become available at the major wholesalers. This morning I received a reply that currently they are manufacturing these caps solely for large direct orders from industrial customers. He wrote that they “can't specify yet when we make it available for smaller quantities through wholesalers.” So nothing new there unfortunately.

I couldn’t help myself from asking what the MOQ would be. The answer probably won’t be useful to aspiring UcPure users, but who knows.
Quote:
Latest news from Skeleton is that they can't do small quantities at this point. So that's a no to a direct order.
Cheers for making a attempt directly. Hopefully the threaded versions start populating on some distribution channels (primarily Mouser). But since they have demanding corporations and governments, the chances may be quite low.
Old Today, 09:22 PM   #7362
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I'm not sure what "too cutting edge" means. The SCI3400 has slightly better specs, but nothing shocking it seems. Ian's UcPure manual says: "Other 3000F/2.7V or higher capacitance/voltage ultracapacitors are also good for UcPure." That would imply that more "cutting edge" caps should work, but Ian would know better. Perhaps he'd like to comment.

Of course there are the Tecate caps that you mentioned, and the Eaton ones. Both look like reputable companies selling quality products. Personally, I am a sucker for that "made in Germany" thing but would not feel bad about using either of these.
I just meant the latest and greatest of their model, the 3400. The 3000 may have been out on the market longer. The 3400 may not even be released yet.

It's too bad, it would be my #1 choice too as German and European engineering is really appealing. I can't imagine how fast the Graphene will charge with the UcPure. If it takes an hour to fully charge a non-Graphene Ultra Capacitor, maybe a few minutes charge with Graphene? That would make a pretty robust solution.

I'm a good year behind in these Ian projects, so I may skip out on the UcPure as I just realised you need a third-party balancing board after skimming the manual. I just want to keep things simple for now and slowly learn. So I will try to hold out for Skeleton Technologies in late 2022. I have enough on my plate ATM to keep me occupied.

Last edited by A123; Today at 09:26 PM.
Old Today, 09:34 PM   #7363
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
Conclusions

5. I could be wrong, but my own experiences have shown that the sound quality of a OCXO with a multiplier is not as good as OCXO at the same finial frequency without a multiplier. I would suggest using the OCXO without multipliers as possible.

Ian
Thanks. Since I run exclusively Redbook on the RPi, the 5 MHz is all I will ever need along with the SinePi.
  Reply to this post

Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitterHide this!Advertise here!