Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter
Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th October 2021, 09:20 AM   #7351
kunlun121 is offline kunlun121  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A123 View Post
The SCI3400 is too cutting edge. Can you try the SCL3000? That's more equivalent to the Maxwells.

Another alternative? Tecate Group TPLH-2R7/3000SL60X138

TPLH-2R7/3000SL60X138:

ESR DC (mΩ): 0.26
ESR AC (mΩ): 0.17

Capacitance: 3000F
Surge voltage: 2.85V
Rated voltage: 2.7V

Tecate Group - TPLH-2R7/3000SL60X138 Data Sheet

Digikey has stock @$57 each

Tecate Group - About Tecate Group
I'm not sure what "too cutting edge" means. The SCI3400 has slightly better specs, but nothing shocking it seems. Ian's UcPure manual says: "Other 3000F/2.7V or higher capacitance/voltage ultracapacitors are also good for UcPure." That would imply that more "cutting edge" caps should work, but Ian would know better. Perhaps he'd like to comment.

As the sales rep indicated, the capacities listed in my previous post are available. Probably because they have been available for longer. Unfortunately, AFAIK these are all with weldable terminals. Not threaded. Apparently the threaded ones are all new, including the SCL3000 you mentioned.

I have asked them about the SCL3000, but I expect the answer to be the same. Will revert when I hear back from them.

Probably only the combined demand from users here would make it possible to get them directly from Skeleton. So, either way (so SCI3400 or SCL3000) there is little point in asking them without some indication of the interest on this forum in buying them.

Plus I'm not sure if anyone here would be interested in acting as middleman. I for example wouldn't be too happy to have sold the ultracaps to someone who burned his house down using them. (Making an audio PSU out of ultracaps still does not feel entirely risk-free. But what is...)

Of course there are the Tecate caps that you mentioned, and the Eaton ones. Both look like reputable companies selling quality products. Personally, I am a sucker for that "made in Germany" thing but would not feel bad about using either of these.
  Reply to this post

Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitterHide this!Advertise here!