Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM   #6751
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE7 View Post
Dear Julf...as you know and always apply, detail is everything...
and whilst I subscribe to your opinions I feel a need to correct you here...

Burning on a stake does not work....the stake burns through and collapses leading to incomplete combustion of the nominated poster...

The correct wish is to be burnt at the stake.
c/f Jeanne díArc

Ah, yes, thank you for the correction. At times it shows that English is my third language, and that I have to work in four different languages. Prepositions (and idioms) sometimes get mixed up when quickly switching languages (especially if I haven't had my second cup of coffee).

Anyway, there are fortunately many ways to skin a heretic.
Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM   #6752
wlowes is offline wlowes  Canada
diyAudio Member

Well said @WuBai. If you are in the minority I am at your side. I often reflect that my audio projects consist of 3 phases.
1. Months of planning, research and anticipation,
2. Hours of actual execution often with questionable craftsmanship, followed by
3. Months of appreciation and self congratulation
Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM   #6753
diyiggy is offline diyiggy
diyAudio Member

My 2. : swap "hours" by"years" and a 4 for the casing : adds: "decade"

...many way to burn skin an heretic... who is not "tout feu tout flamme"

Last edited by diyiggy; Yesterday at 01:36 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM   #6754
andrea_mori is offline andrea_mori  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
Yes, itís true. Sometimes a good discussion or debating will benefit all of us. New design ideas could arise and more improvements could be made. Concepts and principles could be dug deep with better understanding. But Iíll neve take it personal. Just as a technical discussion.

Iíd like to express my thanks to Andrea for keeping his great jobs and efforts on developing awesome clock solutions and making them available for the community.

Iím a loyal customer of his. I joined almost all of his GBs. What Iím doing right now is just trying to get the best out of his new TWTMC clocks . I know power supply would be another key thing. So besides the sine to square wave converter, the UcPpure 3.3V and 15V 3000F pure ultra capacitor power supplies are also on my R&D list. Though they look a bit crazy, I have to say 3000F ultracapacitors could be the best power supplies in the real world.

Should I also thank Andrea for arguing with me?
Of course!

Have a good weekend.
Ian
Hi Ian,

although we can have different point of view, I can only say that in the end we both contributed to this forum by making available to the audio community several devices and above all affordable devices.

Unlike those who are only capable of offending and attacking personally, even though their contribution is almost nil.

Andrea
Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM   #6755
diyiggy is offline diyiggy
diyAudio Member

Default Disgusting he said... wow, what a good countryfellow !

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn08 View Post
What can I say, I am profoundly disgusted, but not surprised. Smearing anything and everything that looks like a honest attempt to debate is Andrea’s standard MOP.

Me I'm disgusted with your 2 cents moral and the honeyed posts that come after that sounds pure marketing ethic blah. Bad business ??? Just don't do it !

We need all to make a world . From my point of view I don't like the people that makes the worse things with a contrition talking that looks polite despite the facts... very North America culture, as far the talking stay equal polite average you can say the worse thing between the lines. I sincerely believe what you don't like is the form, not the meaning. Not all people and culture is made like your's... that's life. In many countries where culture have more good "maneers" than your's, saying the "things" can be a respect mark, yeah !

I prefer sinceer people who peaks sometimes than pure hypocrites honey sided with the gun behind the back with the wallet in the other's !

I'm "customer" of both. Ik sorry for the off topic, that's the word "disgusting" that makes me react. But if you travelled a little in your life I think you should be more... moderate and understand people may be different but still be great. Though I respect a lot the sincerity of your talk, you have with mine an equal answer to that.

Last edited by diyiggy; Yesterday at 01:54 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM   #6756
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn08 View Post
What can I say, I am profoundly disgusted, but not surprised. Smearing anything and everything that looks like a honest attempt to debate is Andreaís standard MOP.
Dear Ovidiu,

here the disgusted one should be me since you keep attacking me personally.

This thread was started by someone (not me) "to fight the jitter using an asynchronous FIFO".
This means that in the FIFO you must necessarily use a better clock than the one of the source, otherwise the jitter at the output of the FIFO will be equal to or worse than that at the input.

But of course you keep attacking me personally and insulting me by claiming that a better clock is useless.
Indeed you wrote that there are no audible differences between a 30 cent chinese clock and a better one.
Therefore, in your reasoning, since the source surely has at least a 30 cent chinese clock, then the FIFO is useless and this thread does not make sense.

However I am not disgusted by your personal attacks, in fact I am having a lot of fun.
So keep it up.

Andrea
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM   #6757
eduard is offline eduard  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to eduard
Hello Andrea,
You already finished your first bottle of wine today?
Greetings, Eduard
P.s dont drink when finishing anyone's clockboards!
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM   #6758
diyAudio Member

No, I drink the first bottle of wine later to celebrate Ovidiu's insults.
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM   #6759
sq225917 is offline sq225917  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sq225917 Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter
Guys, just keep plugging away at the designs, you different directions and specialities will coincide perfectly somewhere down the line
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM   #6760
eduard is offline eduard  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to eduard
Hello,
Can you imagine how much good wine you can buy sometimes by just skipping the latest upgrade. Always drink some good wine when enjoying music and the music will give you more joy.
You cant play records while being intoxicated but you will have to be pretty absent to not be able to find the next item to stream.
Greetings, eduard
  Reply to this post

Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitterHide this!Advertise here!