XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface

Just a rather sad update (?): due to some reasons outside of my level of understanding Thesycon decided to remove the "dfucons.exe" file from their latest driver packs relying only on their special made application called "TUSBAudioDfu.exe" - which was also delivered with WaveIO drivers form the beginning.
Still, at my question on how to revert back the firmware on a particular application (like one should do it when a new firmware file must be uploaded on WaveIO) using "TUSBAudioDfu.exe" I got no response so far. The bad thing is that "TUSBAudioDfu.exe" doesn't offer such "revert back to factory" option, only uploads, so given this, I decided to wait for their answer - if any will come - rather than release an incomplete driver - in my humble opinion.
Either way, if there's someone wishing to try this new driver and can safely get over that small "dfucons" issue then please let me now!
Just remember, if you want to change any type of firmware then I'm afraid that you have to go back to 3.34.

It's sad to notice how things are now evolving and how difficult is for me to offer a "fully functional" driver release looking back on how copycats did their "work" and what a mess they have left behind.

Kind regards,
L

This isn't going great :( I have tried all (I think) possible ways to disable the
Windows10 digital signature procedure, half of the times (In command promt as
administator) I get the answer "**** of, sort of...) and the other half of the
times it says that the procedure is done. When it's done I try to reinstall the
uninstalled driver once again with the same result.

"The driver isnt's digitaly signatured".... :mad:

Edit: And of cource the reciver still doesn't show up where it's needed.

Last edited:
@ dahlberg: it's not about unsigned drivers! Please do not believe the driver packs I gave you are like many others found on internet, "hacked" for a particular hardware! ALL driver packs I have released so far are signed with a valid signature certificate. The problem with W10 lies in how Microsoft is messing around with them and (sometimes) extreme measures Windows OSes will take to "certificate" a driver. It happened with W7 as well, please take this as an example.

I had few messages exchanged lately with Thesycon in this regard and their answer wasn't pretty regarding Microsoft policy :)
Anyway, I already gave you a new driver pack which should work! Please note that recently was another customer of mine complaining about driver installation issues on his brand new / clean Windows OS and it turned out that his Windows version was "stripped down" to minimal functionalities thus creating some conflicts with WaveIO's drivers (missing files).
If it's possible, I do suggest you to try this driver on another Windows-powered PC and see the outcome. It might be possible that your Windows copy is not the 'best' one but I can't be sure form here!

EDIT: all late drivers (including 3.34) should install on either x32 or x64 PC. In fact I don't remember to have a driver pack for 32 bits and one for 64 bits because what's needed is already included there.

Kind regards,
L

Last edited:
I've listened some of my favourite John Surman music today alongside WaveIO and some beers.
There isn't any distortion for the time being, yet.
WaveIO has a TPS7A4700 power supply now, Thanks, Alexey!!!
Although it wasn't bad powered by USB supply, after some burning-in.
With this dedicated low noise PS, things are even better.
Before it I've used a Suricata USB/SPDIF converter.
It is actually a crippled MUSILAND Monitor 01 mini Rev5.3, without analog part, and improved by some power supply mods.
WaveIO is better in almost every respect.
Cons:
I must have to build a chassis for it.
It is DIY isn't it?
It seems to me, if I change resolution, Suricata take it smoothly, while WaveIO causing some trouble, I hear as relays of my
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/284396-msb-platinum-link.html DAC clicking several times, before settle down.
Maybe some driver issues?
However I can live with it, not a big trouble.
Pros:
It is sounding better.
First of all, bass is much more well defined than before.
There is better instrument spacing, better highs and mids.
Much more air and microdetails, more analogue sound.
It is something similar, when I stepped up from Pass F6 to Sony VFET.
Well, maybe it's a bit of poetic exaggeration, but it is here.
Thanks Lucian!