Adhering wool felt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I once made a sub woofer isolation floor base consisting layers of wood, carpet, cork and rubber. Cheapest glue for bonding these materials was Liquid Nails. Haven't tried it on wool batts.

1 Pascal=94dB

1578352004452.jpeg

DOUBLE SIDED CARPET TAPE

Thanks all for the useful options. I found an industrial strength double sided carpet tape on Amazon. See the pics. Just roll it on, cut & burnish through over the waxed paper cover, remove the paper, set the wool in place, lay a heavy book over the wool for a short time and remove. The wool is very secure. I purchased 1/2"x12"x72" wool from McaMaster Carr for $49.00 & change US. They have different sizes available and cost options depending in wool content, 75%-95% wool content w/ balance of artificial. The 95% is a gray color, the 75" is an almost black color. The density is greater in the 75% but both allow the same amount of air to pass through. You will go through a lot of razor blades cutting through the wool for the baffles so be prepared, It does cut a good straight line though. Circles are a study in patience. now it's just finding the time to put it all together.
Thanks again...

Attachments

• tape.jpg
    tape.jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 81
  • baffle tape & blade.jpg
    baffle tape & blade.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • next speaker to be taped.jpg
    next speaker to be taped.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 75
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.