Voltage multiplier - "loss less"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Warning noob here! :)

I think I have copied the simplest voltage multiplier correctly but as you can see it is a fairly high amperage. Not sure what SMD components to choose or if it is even the best circuit?
I would like to minimize the Voltage loss as much as possible, first to avoid heat but also to get as near to 45VDC as possible, loss in Ampere do not matter.

Attachments

• Udklip2.PNG
    Udklip2.PNG
    28.3 KB · Views: 137
Unless I am having a senior moment, that won't work. VOltage doublers don't work on DC. If you apply +15v to that, it will flow directly through D1, D2, and D3, and on to your output. You will thus get +15v less three diode drops, approximately one volt each.

Current is not pushed into things, things draw current from the source. SO if you had a 15v input capable of 60A, the output could draw as much current as possible until it burnt out a diode.

Joined 2011
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.