Woodware

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The wooden case for Raspberry Pi Radio. Created from 1/4" cherry and walnut boards. Sawed on scroll saw, glued together, sanded on spindle sander and manually. It still needs the finish to be applied. The front and back panels have been made of black acrylic glass on a scroll saw as well.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I call it woodware in the same vein as hardware and software because sometimes it needs even more time and effort to complete.

Very nice and beautiful!.

Thank you!

How it sounds?

Initially I tried to use switching power supply with two outputs +12V for amplifier
and +5V for Raspberry Pi and DAC. The sound noise was terrible. Then I replaced
that power supply by two separate switching power supplies. The noise level is
much lower now but it's still audible in pauses. So I'm going to replace +12V
switching power supply by a linear one. The problem is to fit it (mostly transformer)
into the limited space which I have inside of the case.

How did you cut the small square holes? A pic of the rear would be nice too.

The square holes were roughly cut on scroll saw and fine tuned manually by small
files. More pictures (including the rare views) you can find in the other thread which
I created for hardware and software rather than woodware ;)
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/273684-another-raspberry-pi-radio.html

And finally the image after shellac applied:

The finish was applied and the whole player assembled:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.