Burning Amp 2016

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll likely be there with both sand and vacuum state amps, though the tube amps won't be ideologically pure, as some nasty sand generally creeps into my tube designs. I can readily tell the difference between my favorite tube ("Kingfisher") and solid state ("Le Mutant") amps, mostly in terms of bass damping.

Hi Charlie,

Will there be a swap meet this year? Now that I'm the proud owner of a J2, I plan on getting rid of my Parasound HCA-1500A.

I also have some drivers to "pass" along to interested diyers.

I was only planning on holding the usual raffle, with items donated by attendees. This will be held just after lunch time this year, in the Firehouse. Room is a bit limited this year for both a swap meet (selling items) and a raffle. If you want to sell your amp or other items, I would make other plans.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Sorry for this silly question... Almost on a whim I decided it would be great to finally attend a BA. Especially with Charlie organizing. Web page and other sources say Sunday Nov. 13th. Great - ticket booked. Then I click the 'schedule' tab on the website... Friday setup, Saturday - showtime, Sunday cleanup. No matter how many times I look at the calendar, Saturday is Nov. 12th. Which is correct? The website homepage or the website schedule? If the latter, i need to get on the phone with the airline and commence the begging!

Hello everyone I'm really looking forward to attending, this will be my first year!

I just wanted to confirm that there is no need to register? I didn't see anything readily on the website.

Is it ok to bring some speakers? I don't build amps but I do build speakers, I'd love to show off one or two designs if possible.

Thanks!
Javad

Hi Javad, Ti Kan here. It's nice to see you here. We are crossing paths in more than one way.

Anyway, yes, you can just show up and register at the event. Your speakers will be welcome. In fact, if you want, we could partner-up -- my DAC and amp driving your speakers...

He Ti, awesome! Yes very good to know you'll be there, let's definitely team up [emoji4]

Javad

BURNING AMP 2016 LUNCH MENU

At Burning Amp 2015 the lunch was a real hit with attendees so we are again planning on catering Indian Food. I finally have some info about this critical aspect of the event and wanted to share what is in store. This should be even better than last year with more variety in offerings. The menu will include:
  • Appetizers: Samosas
  • Mixed spring greens salad (with dressing)
  • Assorted Naan (3-4 types)
  • Vegetarian main courses (2-3 options)
  • Non-Vegetarian main courses (2-3 options)
  • Dessert (e.g. Kheer)
The cost will be $10 per person with lunch tickets available the day of the event.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.