Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

Hmmm, have one setting of my new trick hearing aids tuned for music listening. Guess I'm still an audiophile and happy to meet again. Nobody snicker please... it can happen to you too after 80.

Hearing aids are like $5,000 ear buds (fancy Phonaks are just $800/pair at Costco after OHIP contribution). But very carefully calibrated to your hearing and each ear separately, eh.

BTW, you need to properly mix the sound from the room with the sound coming from the hearing aids just right. Just like using REW to tune a crossover.

Ben

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
lol!
You crack me up Dave!

Actually, I would love to examine streaming services. I would also love to look at audio streamers! I have tried a few. Bluetooth is useless, WiFi didn't work great either, wired was much. much better. Yeah, Ethernet.

Anyone know about Roon and other applications? What I want to do is have music streaming to different devices so I can hear the same music on all floors. I refuse to buy another two Blusound Node 2i streamers. Plus mine is flaky (or is it Spotify, and I know they have problems).

-Chris