Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Theres room for anything you’d like to bring.
The JBLS sit 10 feet off the ground on a balcony, so the main floor is open for everything else without having to move a thing. Easy access - Theres no stairs - the front door enters onto the main floor, have hand cart moving equipment.
It seems Saturday, April 14th, any time after 10 am is fine and depending on attendees will likely run until the late afternoon or longer if anyone cares to stay.. Send me a private email for the address.
Theres lots of tea and coffee, probably some adult beverages will appear as well. snacks, cookies, samosas, etc.

Last edited:
Theres room for anything you’d like to bring.
The JBLS sit 10 feet off the ground on a balcony, so the main floor is open for everything else without having to move a thing. Easy access - Theres no stairs - the front door enters onto the main floor, have hand cart moving equipment.
It seems Saturday, April 14th, any time after 10 am is fine and depending on attendees will likely run until the late afternoon or longer if anyone cares to stay.. Send me a private email for the address.
Theres lots of tea and coffee, probably some adult beverages will appear as well. snacks, cookies, samosas, etc.

Excellent! I am fine with the time and date.
@ticknpop, thank you very much for your generosity! Much appreciated!

Regards,

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi All,
I'm interested and may have another person who would love to go also (he's a lurker). I'm in Georgetown and will try to make it. North is better as the traffic is lighter. I'll be fine with where ever you decide is the place. How are Sundays for everyone? Traffic on the 401 is a lot lighter then.

-Chris

Do we have agreement for April 14?

I will be driving from Grimsby - happy to car pool if anyone from Niagara / Hamilton / Burlington is willing to join me.

I can bring my KT88 PP monoblocks, ODAC and a couple of commercial DACS + my Mac Mini + audirvarna as a music source. Also some test gear if needed.

So it seems that we tentatively have the following on offer... let me know if I have missed anything

JBL munsters
LS3/5A

TPA3116 PBLT amp with linear regulated supply and preamp
KT88 PP
Krell Monoblocks
MBL Preamp
TI Chipamp

ODAC
IFi DSD DAC

MAC Mini + monitor
RCA Interconnects
Speaker cable

Looks like we could do with a reference preamp - any offers?

I will be driving from Grimsby - happy to car pool if anyone from Niagara / Hamilton / Burlington is willing to join me.

I can bring my KT88 PP monoblocks, ODAC and a couple of commercial DACS + my Mac Mini + audirvarna as a music source. Also some test gear if needed.

So it seems that we tentatively have the following on offer... let me know if I have missed anything

JBL munsters
LS3/5A

KT88 PP
Krell Monoblocks
MBL Preamp
TI Chipamp

ODAC
IFi DSD DAC

MAC Mini + monitor
RCA Interconnects
Speaker cable

I can bring my TVC passive "preamp". But for now it only works with balance input (I goofed up the input selector):eek:

Regards,

I can bring what has been referred to as a "reference" line stage. I use a passive device based on Slagle autoformers. It has been referenced as one of the best for sound quality if your system can run without a preamp. Could make an interesting comparison to a traditional preamp.

JBL munsters
LS3/5A

KT88 PP
Krell Monoblocks
MBL Preamp
TI Chipamp

ODAC
IFi DSD DAC

MAC Mini + monitor
RCA Interconnects
Speaker cable

So the consensus is April 14?

Regards,

Joined 2005
Paid Member
There will be a 8 foot x 3 foot wooden top table at the front with a power bar.
The shop JBLs (100db/1watt /4ohm) will be just off each side of it with speakers cables with just bare wire termination to connect if you want use them. You can bring and hookup whatever you want and/or use your speakers or the shop ones. Just bring enough interconnects and speaker cables if you need anything special.

Last edited: