Please help me assemble my UcD180 stereo-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm in the process of assembling my UcD180 stereo-amplifier.

These are the items I have:

1 x Hypex UcD supply ST
2 x UcD180
2 x TR100A 160VA transformer
wires, connectors etc.

I don't have alot of experience though, so I have a question:

http://www.hypex.nl/docs/TR100A.pdf

Can I use the 2 transformers in parallel/series? It has 2 pairs of primary windings of 115V (my mains is 230V), and details how to use one transformer to accept 230V, by connecting the white and the blue wire.

So can I connect the white wire on one of them with the blue wire on the other one? And if I can, how do I get the output, should I just put them in parallel at the output, and then get double capacity?

This would mean I'd take a red wire from each transformer and attach to J9 on the diagram and so on?

In other words, could anyone confirm whether this is a correct wiring, according to the diagram in the pdf:

Between mains and transformers:

1 mains AC line to black on trafo#1
white on trafo#1 to blue on trafo#2
brown on trafo#2 to the other AC mains line

Between transformers and power supply:

1 red cable from each transformer to J9
1 red cable from each transformer to J7
yellow cable from each transformer to J8

OR is this the correct cabling between the transformers and the mains (each of the transformers in parallel with themselves, and series between the 2 transformers):

1 mains AC line to black on trafo#1
blue on trafo#1 to black on trafo#1
white on trafo#1 to brown on trafo#1
brown on trafo#1 to black on trafo#2

blue on trafo#2 to black on trafo#2
white on trafo#2 to brown on trafo#2
brown on trafo#2 to the other AC mains line

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.