Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Class D Amp Photo Gallery
Class D Amp Photo Gallery
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th July 2011, 09:55 AM   #411
Kjeldsen is offline Kjeldsen  Denmark
diyAudio Member

230 Volt don't kill period (just don't mess with it), and it's in a case. The only issue is if it's dangorous to have smps and amp in the same case

Last edited by Kjeldsen; 10th July 2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12th July 2011, 01:51 PM   #412
tamphist is offline tamphist  Europe
diyAudio Member

An externally hosted image should be here but it no longer works. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.

Hifimediy T2 with cheap 3A 24V SMPS (brand: JAH)
decoupled with 2200 pF C0G + 10uF Tantalum + 20uF MKP and a Ferrite Bead.

Things on right are mediaplayer, DAC and couple of tomatoes.

Last edited by tamphist; 12th July 2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12th July 2011, 05:38 PM   #413
Ampit is offline Ampit
diyAudio Member

Quote:
230 Volt don't kill period
Get me a little money for any tombstone proving you wrong, and I will never have to work again.

This ist too serious to play with it. 230V do not kill every time and any one.
You might have survived it. Others will not survive it.

This is what counts: Some will not survive it.
Old 13th July 2011, 08:51 AM   #414
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldsen View Post
230 Volt don't kill period (just don't mess with it), and it's in a case. The only issue is if it's dangorous to have smps and amp in the same case
It kills plenty of people in Australia. It tied to attach a Electrical authority document that shows 20 people died playing with there house wiring in one year, but the file was too large, you'll just have to believe me.

Last edited by DQ828; 13th July 2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:12 AM   #415
tamphist is offline tamphist  Europe
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.

My previous Arjen Helder TA2020 amp. Different power supply. Different tomatoes.
Old 14th July 2011, 02:00 PM   #416
Ampit is offline Ampit
diyAudio Member

Looks good! No security issues!
Old 20th July 2011, 03:05 PM   #417
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampit View Post
Looks good! No security issues!
Good to see you approve. But the smps is still made with exposed wire as I see it. I have consultet my brother, who have more than 10 years experience in electronic design for the industry. He have a bachelor degree in electronic engineering. He claims my amplifier have no security issues. I don't know your background, but I do trust my brother. I acknowledge that the case is weak, and I will replace that part. He also confirms that in Denmark you don't get killed by 230 volt from you home plug. Only people with a weak hart is in the danger zone.

I think you remarks have been good, because a guy like me should take more care, and not just trust my own assumptions.
Old 20th July 2011, 05:24 PM   #418
Ampit is offline Ampit
diyAudio Member

Quote:
But the smps is still made with exposed wire as I see it.
This is the amp:

http://s3.postimage.org/s2niymyvt/pi...8_2009_162.jpg

You are wrong. There exist no SMPS at all inside this amp. It is driven by a torroid. All wires are totally isolated. Ground wire is connected. The blue board is not a SMPS. It just carries a rectifier and some caps all working at the same voltage than the amp board.

http://www.connexelectronic.com/documents/SMPS500R.pdf

Please read this safety-warning carefully and please do not tell us no more that 230V is not dangerous.
DIY means fun. DIY does not mean funeral. OK?

Last edited by Ampit; 20th July 2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 20th July 2011, 06:17 PM   #419
diyAudio Member

Ok. The new build didn't show a picture, so I could only see the one with smps.
Please read what I wrote. I didn't say 230 volt is not dangerous, I clearly wrote that you should take care when dealing with 230 volt, but saying it will kill you is not true. If it was, I would not dare to even replace a light bulb. If you keep on coming with these "it will kill you" warnings - no one will believe you. Just tell the truth, and that is handle 230 volt with care. The electric shock can make you fall of a ladder or might kill you if you are not in a normal healthy shape. Don't scare people, that have never been good tactics, when warning against something.
Old 21st July 2011, 05:09 PM   #420
tommy_o is offline tommy_o  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldsen View Post
Ok. The new build didn't show a picture, so I could only see the one with smps.
Please read what I wrote. I didn't say 230 volt is not dangerous, I clearly wrote that you should take care when dealing with 230 volt, but saying it will kill you is not true. If it was, I would not dare to even replace a light bulb. If you keep on coming with these "it will kill you" warnings - no one will believe you. Just tell the truth, and that is handle 230 volt with care. The electric shock can make you fall of a ladder or might kill you if you are not in a normal healthy shape. Don't scare people, that have never been good tactics, when warning against something.
This is a DIY forum, so precaution and safety always wins no matter who you believe is correct. Please, this is the photo gallery. Any further debate should be split into a different thread.

Class D Amp Photo GalleryHide this!Advertise here!