Listening session Infineon / TPA3251 / TAS3251

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You re perfectly right ) I don't recommend anything.
I just share what I did on my Tilear 2.1 so it sounds better....(it depends on your speakers, and OP Amps then depends on your inductors etc)

But I recommend anyone to read this :

inductor_cmp.png

Seems that "flat wire" inductors perform better.

By the way, ASR proposed me to test the Aiyima Tilear 2.1 but I have no news from my American colleague who was to send them the amplifier....

Here's where I shorted the caps across with 0603 0R resistors.

There's not enough room to fit film caps on the PCB itself but with the on-board X5Rs shorted you can add them off-board.

As I understand it, you're using yours in PBTL mode so you need two caps per board, just (replacements for) C8 and C7. No need to short all 4 caps on each PCB.

BTW - the price is lower now on Taobao, just $22 for the analog input and $24 for the I2S variant : ?????HIFI??CLASSD????MERUS MA12070 2X80W-???
With the caps shorted, I can simply connect one end of a large film cap to the input connector on the amp board, and the other end to the input connectors , which the source signal will enter?
What value of cap do you recommend for this? 10uf?

With the caps shorted, I can simply connect one end of a large film cap to the input connector on the amp board, and the other end to the input connectors , which the source signal will enter?
What value of cap do you recommend for this? 10uf?

Yes - the caps go between the input connector and the input on the PCB. As TNT has done the math I'd suggest 2.2uF or 3.3uF will do the job fine if they're film caps. The reason the PCB has 10uFs is because they're X5R and lose a large proportion of their rated capacitance due to having DC across them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.