1000 watt amplifier to Dayton Audio MK402?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
holy GOSH the bass is so rich and clean and deep with these. just got them and they sound absolutely incredible. very bass emphasized but no distortion sounds very clear powerful sound and they hit hard like a subwoofer at 50hz
two 4" have effective 8" of cone area so its no wonder they sound amazing
port is tuned to 50hz
they sound slightly quiet in the mids and highs though. but that could be im just used to the sound of my old speakers.
I have no equalizers or bass boosts turned on and any song that has light bass in it sounds like it has very detailed bass. theres so many good things to say about them! they just sound so great especially in the bass!

Its like im in another plane of existence on another world the sound is so amazing from these speakers!

They sure look very solidly built. The price is 59 bucks at PE. Thumbs up.

edit: There is one inductor, 2 caps and 1 resistor as the crossover filter.
In the user manual it says 1st order LP, 2nd order HP. Probably a typo.

Realflow, can you check the crossover board?

Last edited:
Theres many sites that show detailed descriptions and pictures of the crossovers so you can know what they have.
I dont believe they need much if any break in. the woofers in them have great bass and sound right out of the box. not overly stiff if i gently press on them with my finger. soft rubber surround and the spider is not overly stiff either. no coil rub or any problems they sound great. dont believe the sound will change a whole lot over time. maybe they will get a fraction more bass and deepen but it'll be barely audible compared to brand new. they have great bass and seem to be tuned to 50hz just as the specifications says right out of the box. they have plenty of excursion too and dont require much power either. even at low volumes they have incredible clear deep rich smooth bass
with the tweeters at ear-level they sound even better than my audio technica m30x headphones. much more comfortable pleasing sound. comfortable to listen to for hours. non-fatiguing sound quality to them

I have a DUAL XPR84D 1000 watt amplifier (4 channel amplifier to hook up 4 speakers)
running it in stereo with two speakers. not bridged.
speakers are 4 ohms
amplifier rated 80W RMS at 4 ohms per channel. 120 watts RMS at 2 ohms per channel. and 240 watts RMS at 4 ohms bridged

my old amplifier had slight distortion/buzzing at low volume with my computer volume set high. unless I turned the amplifier to 100% and my computer volume low.
so I decided to use the bigger amplifier which doesnt have that problem.
but i want to know if its ok to hook up to the larger amplifier. no bass boost. full range. the speakers are rated 40 watts RMS each and 80 watts peak

its 1" diameter
im using 1000 watt 12v constant current constant voltage power supply 84 amps set to 14.4v with super capacitor bank hooked up.
I dont turn it up past the point of audible distortion though. just room listening volume or a little louder if I want some more bass

with the speakers at maximum excursion with no audible distortion they are only getting around 12 watts RMS each.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.