My_Ref Fremen Edition - Beta build/Fine tuning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Bob.
What I do need a hand with is buying C1 & C2 (220uf 50V Elna RJH). The BOM says "Can be ordered from Elfa-Distrelec" but they want 45 Euros for shipping!:Ouch: Did you use these or something else?

Thanks

P.S.
Just read that there was a elna and ero capacitor kit available. Dario: do you have any left?

Today I sent some caddocks all the way to Jordan and it only cost $3.00. Let me know if I can help.

Last edited:
WARNING - Dario pointed out the caps in post #1488 are not the correct spec. Those are Silmic II and not RJK. Not sure how much difference there is but, be aware they are not what is in the BOM. They are quite usable in those positions, just not the same. I ordered some so I'll try them out and report back.

Last edited:
DC voltage needs to be such that polarized caps are never reverse polarized in operation.
that is not a requirement.
Prevention of excessive reverse polarity is a requirement.

As far as I know electrolytics can tolerate 1000mVk to 1500mVpk of reverse polarity without suffering any degradation.

If you apply a 1Vac signal to an electrolytic coupling cap and it has 200mVdc offset then the worst case short term reverse polarity is ~1200mVpk.

But the capacitance of the capacitor does it's best to drag the undriven plate along with the voltage on the driven plate. That 1Vac signal can't actually apply anything like a 1200mVpk reverse polarity between the plates.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.