STK4050V current boost

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi to all,

output loading on stk4050v is limited to 8r0.
loads lower than 8r0 is not recommended...:nownow:
to increase its output capacity, im planning to add
power transistors on the output stage...
the stk 4050v's internal is quasi and the external power transistors
make the output stage a quasi driving a complementary; partly
similar to triple darlington...

the plan is to modify an existing stk4050v ckt/ckt board so it can
drive lower than 8r0.

need comments/suggestions/recommendations on this ckt:

Attachments

• STK4050V.pdf
    56.9 KB · Views: 143
  • stk1.JPG
    stk1.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 498
You could reduce the rail voltage by ~30 % to make the STK 4 Ohm stable without adding further components.

Adding transistors to the output of a power op amp is not a promising way to achieve a good sounding amplifier. How do you bias the transistors into their optimum operating point? How much will the STK contribute to the output power with that 10 Ohm resistor in series to the sepaker?

You will probably be better off with a solid state amplifier or, if you don't dare to tackle the driver stages, a driver IC, like the LME49810 and transistors.

To Metal and others who can lend a helping hand.:)

Hello Metal... Can I have your email...I have a couple of IC STK4050V with me and I purchased those from china supplier... I guess it's not the original IC from sanyo. Hoping I can have your support coz I'd like to build an amplifier out of this IC. My email is y2kact@yahoo.com. Please refer to attached image for the IC.

Thanks & regards

Attachments

• STK4050Visobel.jpg
    STK4050Visobel.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 232
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.