Upgrading the Op-amps in old Orion amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you're going to use MT, use the non-adhesive MT. The heatsink compound will easily keep it in place.

Many of the orion amps used the HN with adhesive that you can buy on a roll. The MT is better but probably not necessary. The MT is much more expensive since Jaime's supply ran out so virtually everyone just uses the cheap stuff now.

I realize it has been a long while since I posted on this thread but I decided to take this whole project to the next level and completely redesign the whole board.

Removed all of the crossover circuitry and completely rearranged the component layout to better minimize cross talk. Also made some design change upgrades power supply capacitance along with filtering for the audio section.

I'm close to being finished and will post photos of the new board once I have the prototype in hand.

IceFyre13th I sent you a PM.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.