How to make my sound system sound better

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I have an old car and I have upgraded it's sound system because it sounded awfull and I wanted more bass.
So I changed the system and it's sound way better but I still need improvements.
My sound system is:

Front speakers - boss audio 300 watts 5.25 inch P55.4C
Rear speakers - kenwood 6x9 400 watts powered by boss audio 1000 watts amplifier.
Subwoofer - FLI 1000 watts 300 Rms sub with its built amplifier.
Headunit - boss audio 612UA

I know boss audio is known as a **** brand, but they are not bad. (at least for me).
I hear everything with good quality and high amount of bass, but it can be better and this is my purpose.
My old car got **** acoustics so I think that's the problem but I have no idea how to improve the acoustics or how to improve the sound in any way.
My main purpose is to make more bass.
Does anyone have an idea how to improve the sound?
Thanks.

... sooo... you're not looking for "more bass".. more so better sound? Where are your speakers located? A car environment is terrible for good quality sound reproduction... however if you're willing to put in the work, it can be one of the best places to listen to good music.

While my car does get pretty loud... it sounds quite good doing it... with minimal equipment. Often many competitors in my class have much more equipment (cone area, power, etc) to do what I do with 2 tweets, 2 mids, 2 mid bass, and 2 subs.

Multiple speakers only add to too many points of origin. The more speakers peeps have the harder it is to pull it all together.

I guess the first place to start is where exactly are your speaker located and positioned.

Last edited:
This is my '96 Eagle Vision, :)

YouTube

Not necessarily the cheapest equipment... but gets the job done. It hits around 151+ at 27hz. You will notice that even with all the bass... the highs can still be heard... even through the poor Samsung phone trying to take the videos. lol

The highs amps in my car can be had for fairly cheap. Take up a very small space, and def do the job.

At the end of the day, speaker placement, and sub enclosure is a HUGE part of good sound reproduction.

Even if we have never heard of it, we can google it to see what it is. There will be different solutions for a suburban than for a smart car.

Is the sub something like what's shown?

What's your budget?

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 71
I missed that part Perry... good call... even positioning your sub enclosure in different orientations can yield VERY different results. Turning it different angles within the back, distances from loading areas (the sides of the vehicle), all make differences.

Try turning your box on angles or sit up front and have a friend do it from the back seat. So you can hear the difference. There are SO MANY variables when it comes to sound quality and a vehicle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.