• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well this time i got the idea from a commercial dac. but i made a few changes aluminum is nice but im more into wood.

the project only cost me $10 for a cutting board from canadian tire
the plexyglass was from dead 20 inch lcd tvs off ebay. if you open the lcd there a nice source of soft plexyglass thats thick and easy to work with;)

there link http://www.wavelengthaudio.com/Cosecant.html

Attachments

• cosecant2.jpg
    cosecant2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,213
Peter,

I was wondering whether or not you prefer a seperate PSU to a single chassis.

I'm going to build a new GC this summer before I go to College and have decided to use premium compnents, but I can't decided whether or not not to build/buy another chassis to go along with an extruded case I already own.

Karma,

Any more pictures?
reviews? Are you still using batteries for the tube?
Are you moving the input and outputs to the back?

Josh

There are certain advantages to use a single chassis as power connections can be really short, but not having a transformer in a same chassis gives probably even bigger advantage, as the amp's chassis can be built better now, with attention to proper layout, shorter signal connections, balanced mechanically better with much smaller size.

However, if you already have the amp chassis that can accomodate transformer, I wouldn't be adding another box just for the transformer.

edjosh23 said:

Karma,

Any more pictures?
reviews? Are you still using batteries for the tube?
Are you moving the input and outputs to the back?

Josh

yes im moving the input and outputs to the back
and making another case for the psu and batteries
not sure about any review. but theres still lots of work to do on it.
if theres anymore pics ill post em on my webpage.

cheers

Peter,

Ever since my first GC, when I was 16, I learned that wires need to be as short as possible. And In my recent designs I have sacrificed convenience for shorter signal paths.

I have 1 large extruded chassis that can fit a torroid and the rectifier board very confortably, but could probably bit 2 amplifier boards in there as well, but a bit more unfomfortably.

If using 1 chassis, one end would have the AC connection and the opposite end would have the RCAs and binding posts. It would not be as pretty, but it would sound good.

I would probably purchase another (smaller) extruded chassis for the amplifier boards, the chassis only costs about $12, so purchasing another chassis is not an issue. I would set the compnents similar to that of the Patak into the chassis.

Which reminds me... you have changed your umbilical cords. Do you like your lastest umbilical cords the best?

Thanks,

Josh

edit- I just looked at the extruded chassis that I have, I don't think it can fit the amp boards and the PSU in there together.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.