The RIAA phonopreamp T15B on miniature tubes. KIT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, RIAA correction is very similar.

In the final version T15B capacitors in cathodes are excluded.
Of course, the gain was less. But much less was the low-frequency and ultra-low-frequency noise.
Probably the source of the noise was flicker noise capacitors.

Last edited:
I think this is similar to a TRAFOMATIC phono stage that was reviewed at 6moons.
https://6moons.com/audioreviews/trafomatic11/schema1_big.png

I believe this is not Trafomatic's circuit although they do manufacture it. The topology has been popular on various Russian sites for many years. My research at the time indicated the first incarnation belonged to Komissarov, but perhaps Zampotech knows better and will correct me.

My built used an EF86 and a 6N30P and i liked the simplicity. The regulated G2 is indeed a must. Gain was on the low side and distortion on the high: the concept of a variable anode load does not yield particularly low distortion. It sounded pretty good though.

Attached is Komissarov's circuit

Attachments

• cor_01_Komisarov_E.gif
    cor_01_Komisarov_E.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 290
I would defer to you without protest!

The schematic I linked was part of a review in 6moons - and it was said this was not the exact circuit TRAFOMATIC used.

It does have an appealing look about it. I have never built it nor have I ever heard a phono amp using the topology.

I don't get out much ... !

This scheme is a continuation of the schematic of the phonopreamp T24 (2006)

t24c.gif

Scheme Komisarova really popular on Russian websites.

The T15B scheme is more similar to the Komissarov scheme, though a different development path.

this method of correction has long been known. It was used in long-distance communication technology.

Last edited:
Announcement for everyone.

If you wish to repeat this preamp, you can order printed circuit boards from the links:

Phonopreamp T15B PCB-A - Share Project - PCBWay
Phonopreamp T15B PCB-B - Share Project - PCBWay
Phonopreamp T15B PCB-C - Share Project - PCBWay

PCB-A this is the input connector Board
PCB-B this is the amplifier Board
PCB-C this is the power supply Board

The developer has allowed to keep the links open until April 28. Then the possibility of ordering will be closed.

Board design will be provided upon request.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.