Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

PO89ZB , an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts . Preamps, HPA, Korg NuTube, etc
PO89ZB , an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts . Preamps, HPA, Korg NuTube, etc
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd June 2021, 07:09 AM   #691
BucketInABucket is offline BucketInABucket  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

This is great! Hope there are no problems stealing this and integrating it into my board

Any problems with using different values e.g. 10uH for the inductors and 220uF for the caps?

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by BucketInABucket; 2nd June 2021 at 07:35 AM.
Old 2nd June 2021, 01:29 PM   #692
Mark Johnson is offline Mark Johnson  United States
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

GG, I've been told that the Store is actively working on acquiring parts right now, to create another few hundred kits. But today's worldwide supply chain misery, including vastly depleted inventories of all components, means this is a difficult and frustrating job. There are no new revisions of this board coming, at least not from Carsten Witt and not from me, and no new vendors of kits to relieve you of the headache of sourcing non-backordered parts.

A few members have mused about laying out a new PCB but using SMD components, however if there have been any announcements about Gerbers or boards or kits available, I myself haven't seen them.

I'm still tinkering with an experimental higher-than-3-ampere SMPS filter board (below), but it is NOT ready for public release and I have no estimated timetable. Who knows, it might not work well and I might decide to throw it in the trash. Hold not your breath. Get not your hopes up. Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 2nd June 2021, 01:34 PM   #693
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

BinAB, please feel free to modify the circuit design & component values, however you like -- but you now own the responsibility for analyzing its safety and performance. Including the RF performance of the PCB layout. I recommend you wear safety goggles and gloves the first time you power it up and connect it to a dummy load.

_

Last edited by Mark Johnson; 2nd June 2021 at 01:36 PM.
Old 2nd June 2021, 01:36 PM   #694
thomasnadeau is offline thomasnadeau  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggetzoff View Post
Hi Mark,

Thanks as usual for all your hard work. Is a Rev. B. coming? The reason I ask is the store is out of the boards and was just wondering if they are coming back.

Cheers,

Greg
I will be shipping a new reload of the kits to the diystore this week. I've almost packed all of them.

--Tom
Old 2nd June 2021, 05:23 PM   #695
BucketInABucket is offline BucketInABucket  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
BinAB, please feel free to modify the circuit design & component values, however you like -- but you now own the responsibility for analyzing its safety and performance. Including the RF performance of the PCB layout. I recommend you wear safety goggles and gloves the first time you power it up and connect it to a dummy load.
LTSpice is my friend here gotta make sure there's no ringing at least!
Old 18th July 2021, 05:23 PM   #696
jaaptina is offline jaaptina
diyAudio Member

Between 24V psu and NuTube inside a Purifi Eval1 amp. IMG_20210718_121312.jpg
Old 18th July 2021, 05:41 PM   #697
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

Nice work, jaaptina! Hope you enjoy the sonic results.
Old 19th July 2021, 07:14 PM   #698
jaaptina is offline jaaptina
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
Nice work, jaaptina! Hope you enjoy the sonic results.
Sounds great. Music even more seems to come from nothing.
Old 19th July 2021, 08:13 PM   #699
thomasnadeau is offline thomasnadeau  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaptina View Post
Between 24V psu and NuTube inside a Purifi Eval1 amp. Attachment 968026
Looks sweet.

Enjoy the silence!

--Tom
Old 28th July 2021, 12:40 PM   #700
wapo54001 is offline wapo54001  United States
diyAudio Member

I would like to use this filter after an smps that specifies a maximum of 330uF can be added at the output.

Not really understanding the details of the interaction between the resistors, inductors, and capacitors on this board, I am wondering how much capacitance the source to the board "sees" and if this filter meets that 330uF specification?

PO89ZB , an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts . Preamps, HPA, Korg NuTube, etcHide this!Advertise here!